Review: Heart In A Shell

Review for: @osasucyy111

Review by: pour-me-some-liquor

Book: Heart In A Shell
__________

Summary

Your blurb got me excited almost immediately. It had the exact amount of information and underlying mysteries and questions to make me dive into the story immediately! I loved it. Good job.

Cover and Title
Your cover is amazing! I love the font and the background picture used.

The only thing that confused me was the title. I cannot quite put my finger on it but something seems off about the title. It's no bad, just a little confusing. Maybe because the book has just started and you'll explain what it means in the further chapters! Overall, amazing!

Prologue

It was downright wonderful! From the beginning to the end, it was totally hooking. The mystery behind the nightmare and how you portrayed the feelings of Rachel, it was extremely marvellous. I loved it.

Chapter 1

The beginning was great. Rachel moving away and starting a new life at a new place, it was all beautifully written. However, there was a line that captured my attention.

Sometimes it was impossible to understand my own emotions.

This can be written as -

Sometimes, I don't understand my own emotions.

Other than that, it was good!

I like how you've shown how Rachel has never attended high school but have given actually no reason why other than her mother's reluctance. It adds quirks of mystery to the story and keeps the readers engaged.

Rachel gives up painting for high school and that's a big step but I hope that it turns out to be a wise decision.

Overall

I love Rachel's relationship with her step dad. It's such a sweet and genuine bond. His step father cleary loves Rachel like his own daughter and cares about her. And that's beautiful.

Overall, I loved your book a lot. The writing style, the descriptions, the way you've portrayed the emotions of all the characters and the way you've kept everything, every mystery under wraps. It's amazing! You definitely have potential.

Keep writing and keep thriving! All the best for your book! Hope you are satisfied with the review. You can PM me if you have any queries.