Review: My Little El

Review by: pour-me-some-liquor
Review for: @mini_pepermint
Title: My Little El
Genre: Young Adult
________
This review contains spoilers!

Summary

Your blurb is amazing! It's perfect. It made me want to jump right in into the story.
But there are a few grammatical mistakes you can work upon. For eg. -

1. "Nothing ever be the same."

can be written as

"Nothing will ever be the same."

2. "Come to you is forbidden."

can be written as

"Coming to you is forbidden."

There are a few other mistakes other than mentioned above but I'm sure you'll correct them when you edit your book!

Cover and Title
The cover is beautiful. I liked it a lot. But I think it will look much better if you put the name of the book in bold letters. It's not quite easy on the eyes as of now.

Also, can I just say I love the name of the book? It's so fitting and cute. I like it a lot! <3

Prologue

It was one of the best prologues I've read till date. It was so descriptive, especially how you portrayed the scene at Eleanor's high school. Cliche yet so different and interesting. It was amazing an super deep!

However, there was a tiny mistake in the beginning.There was a line - "She needed a heir."

which should be written as - "She needed an heir."

Other than that, I don't think I found any other mistakes.

Chapters

First of all - YOUR DESCRIPTIONS ARE DOWNRIGHT FABULOUS! The vocabulary, the flow and the emotions - all perfect!

I loved the conversation between Lukas and El in the first chapter. Even though it was more like challenges and insults being thrown at each other, it was deep. like they have a connection. I could feel it through your words.

I don't like Phillip. He's arrogant and egoistic and annoying. When El asked him to hire her, he could've just said a simple no instead of insulting he and her capabilities. You cannot judge a book by it's cover. Also, I like Tom. He has a helpful nature. He's sweet, unlike El's step father.

Rene is so cute and genuine. I'm rooting for him. i like how he treated El - with respect, unlike a certain people in her life. I like their playful banter at the bakery. It was refreshing.

Also, knowing that Lukas, her bully, is her neighbor was a big shock.

Overall

All in all, this book is amazing. The revelations and mysteries in chapter four made me want to read everything in one go but what can I say? I'm time bound. I would absolutely recommend your book to anyone who's interested in reading slow burn, serious with a dash of humor and cuteness kind of books. You did a great job.

Keep writing! All the best for your book! Hope you are satisfied with the review! <3