Chapter 39

"When's the last time you had contact with Lorenzo?" Rhett asks Jax once we're settled.

"A couple of days ago. He wanted me to do another money run only this time I was doing a handoff with one of his associates," Jax replies.

"Did he tell you why you had to do a money run?" Rhett questions.

"No, he only said I needed to deliver a hundred thousand and that if a single dollar was missing, I'd be filled with bullets" Jax replies.

"Do you have a solid confirmation on where he has bases or a network of who he deals with? Or can I assume since you recently got out of prison he must have a tight leash on you," Rhett prods.

"He made him into his lap dog. If he doesn't comply, he's threatening him with my family, all of us," I say answering for Jax. "As for me, I've been told to keep silent or else it's goodbye to Jax and my family," I finish saying, my hand subconsciously going to my stomach. 

"It's pretty much what Charlotte said. If it wasn't for my ex-girlfriend or Jason's wife now seeing me when I was out of prison, I doubt they would have even remembered that I was released," Jax tells him. "As for your question, no, he hasn't told me a single thing. I'm only told things on a need-to-know basis."

"Where do you stand with your wife Jason since you told me she's connected with the mafia?" Rhett asks turning to Jason.

"I don't bother or question what she does but she does acknowledge that Charlotte and I have a past connection. I'm pretty sure she's aware I know what she does so our relationship just hasn't been there," Jason answers. "I just couldn't believe she was using me to keep tabs on the jobs I was working on in case any of them interfered with the mafia."

"Do you know any names of Lorenzo's contacts?" Rhett questions.

"No, usually we just meet at an undisclosed location, and I get whatever I need to bring back and leave. There is one person though, a man named Stefano that has a club on Lorenzo's turf. He pays him money each month to have the club operating in his area. We met him when we went to go get money for Lorenzo one night and he looks the type to tell you anything," Jax tells Rhett. "I can give you the address."

"That can work as an advantage, possibly get some information of things he might have heard while dealing with him," Rhett muses. "He could also be an inside man, a second person close to Lorenzo." Rhett lifts a laptop onto the table, one I didn't notice him carrying when he came in. 

"We were looking into Lorenzo plus some associates after Jason did some surveillance and after running their faces through facial recognition we got a bunch of hits. Some of them are wanted criminals here in Canada but the majority is outside of the country," Rhett tells us as he opens it up and shows us some people including Lorenzo with a big wanted stamp in bold red letters on the photos.

"They're wanted in Canada? How has the army not caught them by now? Isn't the army sophisticated with all their fancy spy gadgets," Cleo says firing off each question.

"The ones for Canada are for cases of assault or robbery or other things. The rest are wanted in Italy. Normally we wouldn't be showing citizens information like this but because we're still not sure how big his group is and you're all involved directly or indirectly, we thought it'd be best for you all to be informed. Famiglia Rossi or the Rossi Family is what they're called. The group isn't named after Lorenzo, so I'm assuming it might be the previous boss," Rhett tells us.

"So what does that mean? If they get caught and arrested, will they be deported back to Italy?" Cody questions.

"I can't say for sure what will happen. That's up to the Canadian and Italian courts to deliberate," Rhett answers with a shrug.