Chapter 3 - Welcome Home, Mate.

Start from the beginning

Not responsible?

I'm the one who is always remembering my jobs and how they like them done based on who they are. I memorize all their request to the letter, in attempt to be appreciated that bit more. I knew a lot of stuff about them and they don't even realize. I know who likes to eat what and who's allergic to this or that when I make their dinners. I know how each person like their laundry folded and what their favorite detergents were when I washed their clothing. I knew what to clean and what not to touch at all when I tidied up. I did everything on time and never late. I think I was smart, let alone responsible.

I went to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes were full of pain and were surrounded by light circles of black. My hair hung loosely, looking so thin and lifeless. My outfit was slightly worn and altogether I just looked like a complete mess. I didn't deserve any of this.

Not the hate, or the anger. Not this abandonment or loneliness. None of it at all. I did nothing!

I brushed my bangs out of my face and stood up straighter. I can't take this anymore, physically and mentally. Most importantly emotionally too. My wolf won't speak to me at all. We need our mate. But why did it have to be Dalton! I'm pretty sure that soon, I'd be blocking everyone out.

Shaking my head, I stepped out of the bathroom and walked down the steps and down to the first floor. I headed into the kitchen and looked around. This place would be a paradise to a chef. Marble countertops and dark brown pine cabinetry. All the appliances were a sleek stainless steel, even the toaster! This was the one place I actually enjoyed being in.

I went over to the fridge and opened the door, remembering what my brother told me to make for today's dinner, lasagna. I pulled out the meat cheese and vegetable and but them aside on the island. Then I went and opened the pantry and pulled out the pasta and dumped it in the boiling water I had ready previously. I glanced over at the kitchen sink and mentally groaned.

There was a whole stack of dishes waiting to be washed. Might as well do that while I'm waiting for the pasta to cook. I started washing the dishes and heard the front door open, but I continued, ignoring it. Until an overwhelming sent hit me and I froze in my spot.

Well, looks like Dalton's home.

~~~~

Dalton's P.O.V.

"Alright Coach, I'll see you later!" I called to Coach Ross while slamming my gym locker shut.

I sighed and walked out the locker room and down the school halls. I passed by a group of cheerleaders from my pack and they all smiled at me flirtatiously. I continued walking, completely uninterested.

Ever since I rejected Evana, I just didn't have any interest in doing anything. The head girl from the group caught up with me and matched my pace.

"Hey Alpha..." she purred seductively holding my arm. All the girls who wanted some of me used that nickname for me, even though I wasn't going to become Alpha for a little while longer.

"Not now, Dev." I said tiredly, stopping where I was.

She pushed me up against the wall and rested her hands on my shoulders. She leaned up and whispered, "Why not Alpha? I could do so much more than that ugly little mate of yours."

A growl rumbled from my chest but she didn't budge, raising her eyebrow up at me instead.

How dare she talk about Evan - I caught myself, wait what?

I can't let her control my life! I didn't even accept her! Screw it!

I shook my head and smirked down at the blonde, then pushed her roughly into the nearest janitor's closet and let her have her way with me.

~~~~

I repeatedly slammed my fists against the steering wheel and grunted in frustration. I was sitting in my car, still at the school but in the senior parking lot.

I was fucking going insane! My wolf wouldn't shut up while I was with Dev! He kept on telling me to stop, that I shouldn't be doing this to our mate. That not only would it harm her, but us too. I completely ignored it though, sick of all this mate shit. I rejected her. I didn't want her.

But she's all I every thought about! Her blue eyes and silky blonde hair. How she seemed to fit perfectly into me when I pushed her up against the wall at my birthday "party".

I tugged at my hair and started the car, reversing out of the parking space and driving out of the parking lot. I glanced at myself in the rearview mirror, I looked horrible. My hair was disheveled and I had a slight stubble growing on my jaw.

I continued driving and my phone started ringing, looking down at the caller I.D. , I saw it was my father. I slid my finger across the screen and brought it up to my ear.

"Dad?" I answered.

"Hey Son." he replied tiredly

"What's up Dad?" I asked, a little wary.

"Are you sure you're doing the right thing son?" he muttered concerned

"W-What?" I asked confused and worried at the same time

"Are you sure about rejecting Evana? You don't know how badly this will affect you." he warned

"Yes dad I'm sure." I replied. There was no way me and Evana would be able to work out. We were just complete opposites and we'd never be compatible.

He sighed sadly, "Okay son, but please just stop treating her so badly. For my sake and your wolf's. Most importantly Evana's too." he bargained "She hasn't done anything wrong."

"Sure dad, I guess." I gave in, and we exchanged our farewells. I tossed my phone on the passenger seat and pulled into our driveway.

I sat in the car while I thought about what he just said. She never did anything wrong? Come to think of it, what has she done wrong? She made her brother jealous but she didn't mean it. Was that really a reason to hate her?

Yeah her parents died protecting her, but it wasn't her fault, was it? I mean me and Andrew told her to get the ball. So why abandon her?

I contemplated accepting her, not as a mate but just as a pack member. But what would my pack think of me? Would they go against their Alpha, or would they see things the same was me? I doubt they'd agree.

But I was going crazy over here! How would that make me a better Alpha?

I got out of the car and walked up the steps, shaking my head. But I needed to find a way to keep myself sane!

I unlocked the door and stepped inside, and I was instantly calmed when Evana's scent wafted to me. I walked into the kitchen and saw her frozen in her place, probably aware of the fact I was now in the room.

I couldn't help it, I dragged my eyes over her figure, stopping at her neck. Her hair was pulled up into a bun and her creamy pale skin was completely exposed. I felt my canines slowly start to sharpen but I gained a little control and I was able to retract them again. I didn't even notice I was walking towards her, entranced by my attraction to my mate.

"Evana?" I whispered huskily.

She slowly turned around and her eyes met mine. I lost all control at the sight of all the emotion in her eyes.

I roughly pushed her up against the wall. She let out a yelp but it was immediately silenced when I smashed my lips to hers. Shocks of pleasure shot through my body.

It was low, but it seems like I found the answer to my problems.

I pulled away and she was staring at me with big eyes, full of hope.

Sorry princess.

I leaned down and whispered next to her ear, "This doesn't mean I accept you..."

I backed away from her, and to make it believable I added a smirk when I looked at her, and stalked out of the kitchen and straight into the backyard.I shifted, not even caring about the clothes I was wearing, and sprinted as fast as I could in the woods.

It was low, cruel, disgusting, evil, and unfair. But what choice did I have?

It was either reject her for the pack, or accept her for me.

Who's the New She-Wolf? (Unfinished B/C of Issues at Home)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara