An Old Friend

The bright moon illuminating the figure in the black and red clouded designed cloak shone over Gaara's face.

He couldn't imagine he would see the same face of his old friend. His happy goofy friend, with determination and guts... but the teen in front of him is no longer the boy he used to know.

"Naruto.... What are you doing? Why are you wearing that? Please tell me that you're not one of them!" Gaara said in desperation.

Naruto just lighty smiled. "Sorry to disappoint but I'm no longer a shinobi, I decided to leave my old past behind and start anew in this organization."

"But that means..." Gaara started to slowly get up "...that you are one of them. A criminal."

Naruto arched an eyebrow up. "And? What about it? I don't care if I'm living the life of a criminal. Its wayyy better than living in that hell hole of a village."

"But people started to recognize you Naruto"

"Yeah they did." He bluntly said

"But that still didn't change their perspective of me.. in their eyes I'm still the horrendous beast who attacked the village the day I was born. I'm basically the demon spawn of the village."

Gaara frowned upon hearing this "Don't say that... I don't know what the Akatsuki did to you to make you believe such lies"

"Lies? But I'm telling the truth, the village has nothing but a bunch of hypocrites! Sakura! Sasuke! Kakashi! And everybody else! They're all hypocrites!!" He yelled.

"Oiii will you shut up with your yelling! Why are you hogging up all the time?! The other shinobis are approaching hn!" Diedara yelled angrily from above.

Naruto sighed. "He's right. I told Sasori that I'll make it quick." He did a quick eye roll and shifted his gaze back to Gaara who looked slightly confused about the mentioned name.

"Don't move. I'll make it less painful so consider yourself lucky."

"You are better than this. I will save you. Just like you saved me"

"Well you're too late... Old friend."

Suddenly there was the screams of villagers terrified of a giant bird formed out of clay floating in the sky, looming over the village ready to be dropped. Gaara noticed this and immediately went to the rescue and gathered as much as sand to protect the village from the massive explosion that would befall upon them.

"How noble of you...." Naruto observed how Gaara was quick to act to protect his village by gathering all the sand he can within the village. The sand began to rise creating a shield.

"I can't believe you will waste your last moments protecting a village that only used you for their own purposes, you sure fit the title as their ultimate weapon." He taunted him hoping to get a reaction out of Gaara but he was too focus on protecting the village. Naruto observed the sky watching the clay bomb fall and make an impact with Gaara's protective shield of sand. The explosion was massive but fortunately for the Sand Village it was well protected by their Kazekage. People cheered in relief and joy for their Kazekage, giving Gaara more strength and will power to save his long lost friend in front of him. With his left hand in charge of moving the shield of sand outside the village borders safely, his other hand controlled the sand beneath Naruto's feet making its way up.

"What's this? Are you seriously going to use Sand Coffin on me" he chuckled.

"What you said earlier, I am not their weapon; I am their proud Kazekage, and they are my people whom I love and protect."

"Pfft your people? Whom you love and protect?! Hahahaha!!" Naruto burst of laughter, hearing Gaara express himself in that way was the most ridiculous thing he has ever heard in years.