Chapter 14 - And It's Been a While

It's been 12 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes and 45 seconds since I last saw Sherlock last, John shaved his moustache off, Mary and John got engaged, I stopped going remotely anywhere near 221B and Mycroft stopped sending me work. The children went back off to playschool then to Mr and Mrs Holmes' house as per usual as they went to the finest playschool I could pay for. However, today was going to be a different day. The kids were with the Holmes' for a week, I had a flat to myself and no job to be getting on with, so I headed to St.Bart's to see Molly.

I enter the lab to see the brunette standing over a microscope so I decide to approach from behind and scare her. As I get behind her the doors fly open to reveal Sherlock, I quickly duck behind a counter but Molly see's me. I put a finger to my lips to tell Molly to shut up about me being here as I wanted to listen in.

"Sherlock, pleasant surprise, why are you here?" Molly asks nervously. 'Calm down Molly' I think to myself really not wanting Sherlock to notice me.

"Hi Molly, Hi Mykala" Sherlock states, I sigh standing up as Molly goes to protest, Sherlock walks over to me but I just step back behind Molly who puts her arms around me protectively. If it wasn't for Molly the godmother of my children, I wouldn't be here. I would be dead and they would've had nobody. I sort of stopped deducing things when Sherlock 'died' and I became a weak person who showed emotions.

"Sherlock you need to leave" Molly states as I whimper slightly as I cower even further behind Molly as Sherlock looks utterly confused by the whole situation.

"Why? I need to do an experiment" Sherlock states, I look at him finally and notice his face is even thinner than it was before.

"You need to eat and sleep" I state slowly slipping away from Molly cautiously who looks at me strangely as my voice sounded the most confident it had been in 2 years.

"Sherlock go home" Molly sternly states, I turn to look at her not realising she could be that harsh.

"No"

"Sherlock please go home" I plead just wanting to be alone with Molly so we can discuss things. Sherlock looks from Molly to me, I have now stepped in front of Molly and a tad closer to Sherlock.

"Fine. I expect you round soon. We have to talk" Sherlock states harshly, he looks at Molly nods his head at her and then at me before flipping his collar up and storming out of the hospital.

-4 hours later-

As I exit the hospital, I tie up my blue scarf around my neck, flip my collar up on my trench coat before jogging down the steps to an awaiting cab as snow starts falling onto the pavement. I quickly enter the cab but before telling him my address, I think about Sherlock and tell him 221B. He looks at me strangely before it clicks in his head who I am. I smile at him as he takes off towards 221. When we arrive the snow has settled and reached to just about 8 centimetres. I thank him and give him a tip when we arrive telling him to have a good holiday, then I walk up to the door of 221. I haven't been here since Mrs.Hudson looked after the twins last, I sigh before reaching into my bag and pulling out a jet for the door. Once I unlock it I walk to Mrs.Hudson's flat to see her making some of her fabulous mince pies.

"Hello Mrs.H, how are you?" I ask her, she turns around and gasps slightly, she lets out a cry of joy before wrapping me in a hug which I happily return.

"I am good, do you want a pie? Where are the kids?" She asks is a rush looking behind me to see if the twins were there, much to her dismay they weren't.

"They're with the grandparents, and I will take some home with me thank you, I am here to see Sherlock actually, is he in?" I question her as I became slightly more nervous about being here.

"Yes he is upstairs love, I will bring you up some tea love" She kindly says before I nod my head planting a kiss on her cheek which she exclaims at before I walk upstairs to Sherlock's flat. I knock on the door before entering to see him sleeping on the sofa, I step around quietly gathering blankets and pillows from his room. I lift his head up gently, placing a pillow below his curly locks and laying a blanket over his shivering body. I then turn around to see left over fish and chips.

"Oh Sherlock" I whisper quietly before taking it to the kitchen and putting it in the bin. I then tidy up the kitchen and his bedroom which is a mess. I then walk into the living room and close the windows that were open and start up the fire place. I turn around to see Sherlock stirring so I quickly go downstairs to Speedy's and get 2 coffee's for each of us. I walk back up stairs to see Sherlock laying awake but looking tired still. I enter then place a coffee in front of Sherlock as I drink some of mine and sit in the coffee table.

"Mykala? Why are you here, what is this? Did you do this? Is that coffee? I'm tired" Sherlock questions quickly I lift up his head and place it in my lap then start stroking his head.

"Go to sleep Sherlock, we can talk later" I smile down at him, he looks so innocent and adorable when he is sleepy and tired. I must truly love him.