VI - The Ballerina

"There are no accidental meetings between souls." - Unknown

Taking her morning shift today, Natasha was feeling happy. Her week had been great and Maria would come to her place later in the evening. She hadn't seen her best friend since they all met at the coffee shop in the city. Surprisingly to her, she caught herself thinking about Steve a lot since she saw him for the first time.

His beautiful baby blue eyes and the way he looked at her, made her feel something different.

Her time in the Red Room, the Russian orphanage, made her feel disgusted by men. It didn't matter where they would come from or what they would look like, she couldn't help the feeling to come back when they were too close to her.

She could see in their eyes when they looked at her, she could see what they wanted from her. And to be honest, she feared them. The way they were grabbing her when she was younger, the things they did to her, she could still feel it. And the day Nick decided to give her a life, she swore to herself she would never let someone touched her again.

When she tried to go out with Maria for the first time since the Red Room, she couldn't breathe. When Maria saw her reaction, she immediately brought her to her place. She tried to calm her down, but it was in vain. So she ended up calling the only person she knew would be able to help. She still remembered the way Nick bursts through the door of Maria's apartment. He directly came to her and take her in his arms to bring her home.

But last week, the way Steve looked at her made her feel something different. Something she was definitely not used to feel. She didn't see any of the things she used to see in Steve's eyes. Steve's eyes showed nothing but respect, kindness, and she could see how good he was.

Getting herself ready to leave work, she had to go to the dance studio to check if everything was in place for tomorrow. She would give a dance lesson to some of the children she was working with. As she left her work to go walk in Central Park, she recognized him immediately. A figure like his would be very difficult to forget. And yes, it was definitely America's ass.

"Steve ?" She asked already smiling.

-

Waking up this morning, Steve was in a good mood. The week had gone pretty fast, and he was finally done with his job at the new public library in the city, which mean he could enjoy some free time.

Getting ready for his day, he started to think about Natasha. Her smile, her laugh, the bright color of her red hair, her magnificent green eyes, everything to be honest.

One thing he was very excited about today, is that the director of the children's hospital where he worked in previously - and Natasha's workplace  - had called him earlier at the beginning of the week. They wanted him to work on another mural. They really loved his previous work in the dance studio.

Steve had no idea if Natasha was working today, but he really hoped she was. The director told him the meeting could wait, but Steve insisted it could be done today. He just hoped he could see her again. He didn't have any way of contacting her since they didn't exchange phone numbers. And he definitely didn't want to ask Sam for help. He was not ready for all the teasing he would receive.

He hadn't see Natasha when he went to the director's office. Maybe she was simply not working today. The meeting had going well, and Steve was happy to hear that he would spend fifteen more days working in this place. Which could potentially mean fifteen more days of seeing her.

Steve decided to get another tour from the hospital. He told the director that it would maybe give him some inspiration. In reality, he just wanted to see if Natasha was around. But to his disappointment, she was nowhere to be seen. Until he set a foot outside, and heard the voice of the person he was looking for.