4 : be careful

jade was lying down in her bedroom, she was bored out of her mind. school was cancelled just today because of the virus, but she had been stuck at home for more than a week now.

she had been coughing a whole lot and when she got a fever, she had to assume that she got it. so she was forced to stay at home.

her girlfriend cat was worried about her even before she had gotten the cough, because she hadn't been wearing a mask or anything since the virus was first announced.

the goth was trying to pass her time by playing catch with the wall, throwing a bouncy ball and catching it.

jade hadn't moved from her bed the whole day, not even to eat, that is until someone knocked on her door, startling the usually poker faced girl.

"the fuck?" she said out loud to herself, opening her door to reveal the small read head, a large smile on her face and a bag in her hands.

the pale girl quickly took a few steps back, not wanting to be near cat and give whatever she had to her, whether it was the virus or not.

"why are you here? i told you not to come." the goth said sternly. "i missed you!" cat said as she frowned.

"plus, i got you some food" the small girl said as she reached out to give jade her takeout, which the girl accepted reluctantly.

"did you bring a mask or something?" jade asked as cat nodded putting it on and motioning for the goth to follow her outside.

the redhead lead jade outside her house, where she had setup two chairs, pretty far from each other with a table with plates and flowers in the middle.

jade smiled which she did quite often when she was around her bubbly girlfriend.

"cat-" the goth said softly "you really didn't have to" she finished as cat led her to their seats.

"i know, i wanted to. plus i missed you too much jadey!" cat said and giggled.

the two ate their food and hung out around the back and front yard of the west household, still making sure to keep some distance.

it took all the power inside of cat not to just hug jade and kiss her, but she needed to keep herself safe.

"can i please come back tomorrow?" the redhead said as she pouted.

"cat." jade tried to say softly but her voice softened when she saw the puppy eyes her girlfriend was giving her

"babe, you know you shouldn't even be here, i really don't wanna get you sick."

"but you don't even know that it's the virus!" she reasoned, "what if it's just a dump cold!"

"i know, but better safe than sorry, ok? i'll see you when i get the test results back. i promise, ok?"

the redhead was sad but she had no choice, she left after they talked a little more but to jade's dismay she came knocking on her door the next day.

"cat i told yo-" the goth was cut off by a long sweet kiss from the small girl.

"i- why would you-?" jade stuttered our in shock, as cat pulled up the negative results for jades test.

the pale girl smiled widely and picked up cat, giving her many kisses and putting her down on her bed.

they definitely made up for not seeing each other for so long that night.

-
yes, ik it's short, but i'm working on the update for my jori book and i really wanted to come up with something else quickly to clear my mind. i hope ya'll are safe and i'm sorry for the long delay on updates but i promise i'm working on it :)