Rehearsal

Chapter 49: Rehearsal
Tia

I haven't spoken to Damien in a week.

Surprisingly, I missed him, but not as much as expected. He's crossed my mind more than once but it helps to redirect my thoughts,

To my sister. I want her to be happy.

Today was Mari's wedding rehearsal and I was currently fixing my makeup, stroking highlighter across my cheeks and nose.

"You look pretty." Lilian chirps, walking into my room.

Lilian was wearing a dark blue dress, the skirt end puffy. My dress was the yellow version her hers, and we both had on white flats to completely the look.

"Same to you." I smile, closing the highlighter.

"Marinette got a ride to the place. She said to be there at 2:30. No later."

"A ride from who?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Some guy. His car was wack so I know it wasn't Mr. Billionaire." Lilian rubs her thumb and pointer fingers together, scowling.

"She called a cab, remember?"

"Oh yeah." Lilian's eyes widen in surprise, nodding.

"Yeah, smarty. Her car is in the shop."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Hi Aunt Eve."

My aunt was standing by her rental car, fixing her mascara.

"Hey honey. Are you going inside now?" She smiles, putting the wand back in.

"Yes. I'll save you a seat. Bye."

Walking away, I search for Lilian, finding her at the buffet table.

"Lili!"

"What, bitch?"

"Stop eating, we're starting soon." I signal for her to come over, watching her scowl, throwing the plate away.

"Good evening, everyone. Today is the rehearsal dinner for Damien's and my wedding. Which is in a week." Marinette speaks into the microphone, linking her arm with Damien's. "We have no time for mistakes today, guys."

"Thank you for making it here, it means a lot to us." Damien speaks after her, looking around the room.

We make eye contact and he smiles slightly before looking away.

"So. Let's get started!"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Do that over, Tia. You stumbled."

"You stumbled." I mock my sister, walking away back to the other end of the room.

I take my partner's arm, swiftly walking back to the front.

"Better. Now do it again."

"Why?" I whine, slouching my shoulders.

"I want it perfect."

Walking away with the groomsman, he leads my back to the front again, nodding to me before walking to the other side.

"Good."

Damien looks over at me, a scowl on his face as I smile, not paying it any mind.

"Don't slip up, Tia. Wouldn't want to ruin your sister's big day with a thud." Regina whispers, standing straight.

"Don't slip up, Regina. Wouldn't want your boobs hanging any lower than they are right now." I respond, making her look down to check.

Music starts playing and Marinette comes walking up the 'aisle', our dad releasing her before she walks further to stand in front of Damien.

The priest starts reciting his words, going through everything that will happen on Saturday.

"And then I'll say, I do. Then Damien will. And then the priest will say that last bit and we kiss. Okay everyone?" Marinette claps, examining the ring on her finger. "By next week there will be a shiner one to match."

My sister tilts her head up to look at Damien, who's mind seemed to be elsewhere.

"Right babe?" She stresses, smiling tightly.

"Of course."

"Great. Let's do this again!"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"My feet hurt."

"My head hurts."

"My back hurts."

"Are you trying to outdo me? Because my body hurts." Lilian scoffs, feeling offended.

"Why would I compete for pain. So weird."

The both of us throw ourselves down on the couch, wincing when we make contact.

"Tia? What do you think is better? Silver or cream?" Marinette questions, walking through the door behind us.

"For what?"

"My crown. I took Damien's card again. I have to order now, so think." Mari snaps her fingers, waiting impatiently.

"Silver."

"Thanks. I'm going to order now." Marinette pulls her phone out, walking upstairs.

"She really left the door open." I mumble, attempting to stand up.

"Leave it. We could use the Vitamin C." Lilian sighs, resting her head on my shoulder. "What happened between you and Damien?"

"Did you ever realize that I was a side chick?" I mumble, putting my head on hers.

"Maybe you were in some definition. But you didn't do it as if you wanted to get back at Marin for something, it was just acting from emotions."

"Not an excuse though, Lilian. I feel disgusted." I stammer, not bothering to move my body.

"Don't. Things will be fine, Tia. Trust me. I have a feeling."

"You're feelings are always hype, Lilian." I laugh but stop, feeling pain from it.

"Exactly. That's how I know this upcoming event is going to be amazing. Now shut up."