Vibes

Chapter 1: Vibes
Tia

"You make me wanna come through. Quarter after two."

"Just to put it down on you!"

"You make me wanna behave. All of those things."

"That you and me, we do."

"You make me wanna-"

Lilian and I were in my kitchen baking cookies. And vibing to music.

"Are they almost ready?"

"Um. Do they look ready?" I grumble under my breath, watching my sister leave the room shortly after.

"Absolutely no patience." Lilian shakes her head and dips a finger into the dough, picking up a huge glob and popping it in her mouth.

"Now where was I?" I set the timer on the stove and sit at the island.

"You make me wanna come through. Quarter after two." Lilian giggles and starts dancing around me.

"Just to put it down on you." I vocalize after her.

And so it continues.

By the time the two of us are done baking, it's three o'clock in the afternoon.

"Thank you." Marinette waltzes back into the kitchen, taking two cookies and disappearing again.

"You're sister is crazy."

"Aren't we all in this house?" I laugh, taking my apron off, hanging it over my mom's own.

"Tia Ava James. Get your arse in here, right now."

"Oh shit. You're in trouble." Lilian makes fun of me, continuing to eat.

"Lilian Evangelina Hylls. You too!"

"Fuck."

"And stop cursing in my house!" My mom yells again.

The two of us walk into the family room, looking at my mother.

She was standing with her arms crossed, a foreign emotion crossing her face.

"Sit." Mom points to the couch and waits for the two of us to stop moving. "Okay."

"What's happening?" I speak up when my mother does speak for a couple of minutes.

"If you're planning on killing us, I have my lawyer on speed dial. And I didn't do anything wrong." Lilian pulls her phone out her back pocket and starts typing in a number. Nudging her, she jumps and puts the phone away.

My mother shakes her head at the two of us and finally makes her claim.

"As the two of you may have already heard. Marinette has a boyfriend." My mother rubs her temples before continuing. "He'll be coming over tomorrow for brunch. I expect you, Tia, to be on your best behavior. And if you come over tomorrow, Lilian, that goes for you as well."

"We get to meet Ms. Fancy's boyfriend? Damn right I'll be here tomorrow."

"Which also means you can't be so hype, you fire cracker!" Marinette yells from the top of the steps and Lilian flares up at her.

"Fine."

"Is that all mom?" I snap out of my daze and ask.

"Yes. You guys are free to go." And with that she walks away leaving us.

Lili and I retreat back into the kitchen to clean up and I hear Mari at the steps talking on the phone.

"You know it, babe.... yeah... see you tomorrow. Bye, love you. Say it back now."

This is going to be interesting.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

Author's Note:

Well, that was the first chapter. It honestly isn't much and is pretty bad, but it's just a filler to get things started for real.

This book is my first one writing on here and I am pretty excited to see how it turns out.

Don't be a shy reader. Feel free to comment and tell me what you enjoy or think should be changed.

*this book is NOT edited at the same time. I'm working to just write at the moment and edit later.*

Thank you so much!