Did You Hear?

Chapter 30: Did You Hear
Tia

Sitting across the table from Damien, I watch his arms flex under his suit, blushing at the sight.

"Something wrong?" He questions, running a hand through his hair.

"No. Not at all."

"Good."

A waiter approaches us soon after, acknowledging Damien by name.

"Can I start you guys off with a soup?" The waiter asks, pulling his notepad from his apron.

"Two ribollitas. And for our mains, carbonara, chicken lasagna and a bottle of white wine. Thank you." Damien dismisses the man, directing his attention back to me.

"I don't drink."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine."

"So," I breath out, tapping the table. "What should we talk about?"

"I don't know much about your personal likings. And I'm pretty sure you searched me up online by now. So tell me more about yourself."

"Um. I'm seventeen years old. My mom's great grandparents were part Asian so I'm a fraction too. I like to sing, draw, eat, some other stuff. I want to major in Nursing, and work as a nursery nurse. When I was younger, family used to call Mari and I, Tia Marie." I list, thinking to myself.

"Tia Marie? I remember Marinette told me that." Damien holds his head down, humming to himself.

"Oh yeah totally."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I told you... I can handle alcohol well." I hiccup, laughing to myself.

"You mean 'can't', Tia."

"That's what I said." I huff, leaning back in my seat. Damien takes out his card, handing it to the waiter who just walked by. By the time he comes back, Damien is picking me up and throwing my over his shoulder, not caring about the family across the room from us.

"Damien put me down."

"Can you walk?"

"No."

"Okay then." He makes his way downstairs and out of the restaurant.

I get distracted on his walk to the car, drawing circles on his back before me finally make it to the car.

Damien quickly turns me in his arm so that he was cradling me, sitting down with me on his lap.

"You can put my down now." I mumble, but don't move away from him.

"I don't feel like it."

"So, we're going back to work now?" I ask, squishing his face in my hands. Damien pats my hands repeatedly, setting them back on my lap. He places his palm down on my stomach, tapping me.

"I'm taking you home."

"Damn. Why?"

"Because you're drunk." He sighs, moving his other hand down to my thigh that was showing.

"Stop touching my fat."

"No."

He runs his hand further up, fixing my position on him.

"We've arrived, sir."

"Thanks, Gio."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"I'll bring your bag by later, okay?"

"Yeah, sure." I mumble, fixing myself in my bed.

"Be careful." I feel him kiss my forehead before he walks out of my room.

"Well damn."

The minute I close my eyes, my phone starts ringing and I turn my body to pick it up.

"What?"

"Don't answer me like that, bish."

"Yes, Lilian?"

"School's closed! Lia and Tia week!" She yells in my ear and I move my phone away.

"Why is that?" I yawn, rubbing my eyes.

"That thing going around, y'know. We may have online classes though so, that's that."

"Interesting."

"The fuck is wrong with you?"

"I had wine. A lot of it." I giggle, closing my eyes again.

"Shaking my head, Tia. I'll call you back later to check on you, okay?"

"Yeah sure."

"Night, Ti."

"Bye." I hang up, getting comfortable again.

A second seconds of thinking to myself, I finally doze off.

My head was filled with the earlier events, Damien's smile appearing over and over again. It's weird how today I've felt more comfortable around him than usual. My heart starts racing as he shows up in my head even more and I try my best to change the topic, succeeding.

Turning on my stomach, my head going completely blank now, thoughts stopping and dreams coming into place.