(017). GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

SATELLITES
( chapter seventeen, guardians of the galaxy )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

         IT BEEN A FEW YEARS SINCE THE GUARDIANS DEFEATED RONAN AND IT WAS JUST RECENTLY THAT THEY HELPED DEFEAT THANOS. They had been through a whirlwind of adventures including finding Peter's father, losing Gamora, and disappearing for five long years after Thanos snapped his fingers. Andromeda had gone through different emotions each time and kept getting herself into situations that knew might hurt her.  

The brunette stood by the lake as she stood by her family. They all wore black in honor of Tony Stark who gave his life away to defeat Thanos. Andromeda had her hair wrapped up in a sleek bun instead of the usually ponytail she had on. She sat down on a rock and looked out at he floating floral centerpiece. 

Andromeda didn't really know Tony, she had less than ten conversations with him but she felt sad for him. He had left behind a daughter and wife and people who loved him dearly. It made her miss her father, whom she still hadn't seen and she didn't even know if he was dead or alive. Andromeda felt a presence behind her and it was Happy, one of Tony's best friends. 

"Happy, right?" Andromeda asked. 

He nodded, "Andromeda, right?" 

The brunette nodded and stood up to shake his hand, "Is everything okay?" she asked curiously. 

"Tony had mentioned your name as well as Peter's name after he was rescued and I decided to look it up. You were both labeled as a missing person back when you disappeared and I found information on your family. I hope it doesn't sound like a stalker, which, I am not. Anyways, I found your father's whereabouts," Happy explained. Andromeda's eyes lit up and she quickly smiled at Happy. 

"Are my parents okay?" 

Happy sighed, "Your mother passed away two years after you disappeared but your father is still alive," Andromeda's heart sank, her mother, her dear mother was gone and she couldn't even say goodbye to her.  

"Andromeda," the brunette quickly turned around and she instantly felt the tears rush down her face, it was her father. She quickly ran over to him and embraced him tightly. She let the tears fall down her cheeks, he didn't look the same anymore. He was a full grown beard and he started to have grey hairs which he didn't have when she was younger. He had small wrinkles all over his face. 

"Dad!" she proclaimed as she let go, her eyes were red and puffy and so were his, "I've missed you so much, I've never forgot about you and I prayed everyday that you were okay out there," 

Andromeda smiled, "Why didn't you look for me?" 

"Because they would have killed me if I went to get you and I wanted to see you alive," he explained, they let go of each other and he looked at her up and down, "You look just like your mother," 

Andromeda giggled at the comment, "I didn't know she passed away," 

"Losing you took a lot of toll on her but she's in a better place now, I'm sorry that our circumstances aren't what we both expected," he explained as he placed his hands in his pockets, "Happy reached out to me and I knew I had to come and see you," 

Andromeda smiled, "It's okay, I'm glad that you're here and that I'm finally meeting you," 

"Are you planning to stay here or are you planning to go back with your friends?" he asked curiously. 

Andromeda sighed, she had given it a lot of thought lately but she knew the right answer, "I'm going to go with my other family. I would give my life for them and I can't just leave them, especially Peter," 

"That's your boyfriend, right?" 

Andromeda nodded, "Well, as long as he treats you right, I'm okay with that,"

"I missed you, dad," Andromeda said while hugging one more time. She felt like a little girl again after she had gotten hurt. She always wanted her dad and she loved him with all her heart and she was finally in his arms again. 

"I missed you too," 

***

Andromeda and her dad spent a while talking with each other and catching up before Andromeda had to leave. She told him that she would visit him every once in a while so he wouldn't get lonely. When Andromeda reached the ship, everyone was inside and what surprised her most was when she saw Thor. 

He had gained a couple of pounds since she had least seen him and when he saw her he quickly smiled, "Andie! I've missed you!" 

The brunette quickly chuckled, "Thor, it's good to see you. Are you joining us on our next adventure?"

He nodded his head, "Indeed, except I don't think your boyfriend approves of it," 

Andromeda laughed, "I'm sure he'll get used to you soon," she reassured him, "Where are we going next?" she asked curiously as she stood next Peter. 

"I don't know, wherever our help is needed," he answered. 

Andromeda shrugged her shoulders, "Sounds good to me," she placed a kiss on his cheeks as she saw Rocket, Groot, and Drax take a seat. They had all grown together as family and she loved everyone of them and she couldn't imagine her life without them. Gamora, who wasn't the Gamora they knew looked confused. It was okay, it was going to take her time to get used to them but it wasn't the same Gamora they know. 

Andromeda reassured herself, they were going to be alright and no matter the challenges they faced, they were going to do it, together, as family. The brunette looked at Peter and the two locked eyes once more before cracking a smile, they were going to be all right. 

a.n. 

hey y'all, thank you for reading this story, I decided to end it soon because I was lacking motivation and didn't want to discontinue the story. I wanted you guys to get a good ending so thank you all for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it! 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐒 ━ 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐋 | ✓ 🎉