(014). KNOWHERE

SATELLITES
( chapter fourteen, knowhere )

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

         WHEN ANDROMEDA HAD WOKEN UP, PETER WAS GONE. SHE HADN'T NOTICED HE LEFT UNTIL SHE FELT THE EMPTY SPACE WHERE SHE WAY LAYING DOWN. Andromeda got up slowly and put on the clothes that Peter had given her. She had placed the yellow prison uniform in the trash, she didn't want to be remembered about it. When Andromeda left the room, everyone was sitting as Rocket piloted the ship. Soon enough when the ships landed, they grabbed their weapons and hid it in their clothes. 

"I'm guessing this is Knowhere?" Andromeda asked she saw tall buildings and lights everywhere. She was amazed by it entirely it was different than what she had seen before compared to the places she had been. 

"Hundreds of years ago, the Titan group send workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. Bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy," Gamora explained as they landed, "It's dangerous and illegal work,  suitable only for outlaws," 

"Well, I come from a planet of outlaws," Peter bragged slightly. 

Andromeda rolled her eyes,  "I do too, you idiot," 

Peter stared at her before resuming his sentence, "Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos," 

"Sounds  like a place which I would like to visit," Drax commented. 

Andromeda looked around, nobody noticed they were there, "You'll love it, especially the Jackson 5," she added with a smile. 

"Jackson 5?"  

"Yep," Andromeda nodded.  

The brunette saw a group of kids approach them and a little girl with dark brown hair came up to Andromeda with a smile on her face, "You have any units?" she asked innocently. Andromeda felt her heart drop, she couldn't believe there were kids begging for money on the streets.  

"Get out of here," Peter said along with Gamora, Andromeda shook her head at the little girl and she walked away. 

Peter noticed her face and quickly reassured her, "Some of these kids will scam you for your money," She smiled at Peter and kept walking with them until they approached a door. 

"Your buyers in there?"  Rocket asked curiously. 

"We are  to wait here for his representative," Gamora ordered, when Andromeda looked there was bouncer who had pushed someone out of the way. Where they going to get in there? She could feel the anxiety slowly creeping up on her.