(006.) ESCAPE

SATELLITES
( chapter six, escape )
▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

『 SATELLITES 』( chapter six, escape )▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬ ◈ ▬▬▬▬▬

        AFTER TWO WEEKS WHEN ANDROMEDA WAS FULLY HEALED, HER PLAN TO ESCAPE WAS SET IN MOTION. While Andromeda healed, she had managed to steal things from Xandar and pack them in a small backpack she had hidden under her bed. She had placed a few clothing items with small cans of food and hygiene products. No one had noticed that a few things had gone missing, they all just thought it was one of the Ravagers.

        Andromeda had sat on top of her bunk with her legs crossed as she wrote things down in a small notebook. She had everything hidden, whenever Yondu would come and check in on her and Peter, she would hide it with the rest of her things. At that point, she knew when her plan would be set in motion. Peter walked into the room and closed the door behind him, "Are you ready?" he asked, "Today is the day you escape."

        The brunette smiled, "I am," she answered, "Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" Andromeda asked. Peter had been debating the question for a while but something told him that he should stay with Yondu.

        The male shook his head, "It's alright, I'm going to stay here," he said with his hands behind his back. Andromeda smiled, she thought it would be the last time she would see him. He became her only friend after being ripped away from her home.

         "Well, we better get some rest, I'll be leaving in a few hours," Andromeda started, she didn't want to say goodbye to Peter but she knew she would. The brunette placed the notebook under the pillow and pulled the blanket over her and closed her eyes. She turned her back to face the wall, she couldn't help but feel mixed emotions. She wanted to leave the Ravagers even if it meant she had to be on her own but she didn't want to leave Peter.

        Peter was the only other person like her, everyone else made her feel inferior. She was constantly being pushed around and degraded. Not to mention the whole situation with her father. She would constantly hear whispers and his name but whenever she showed up, they would change the subject completely. Andromeda would feel more like an outcast since the Ravagers knew more about her father than she did.

      All she knew was that he got in really big trouble on Xandar and he fled to Earth to avoid punishment. He didn't expect to stay there for long until he met Andromeda's mother, after that they fell in love and had a child which was Andromeda. Her father thought it was smart to live in a secluded area, so no one would find him and they ended picking the person he never expected. Andromeda didn't notice she fell asleep until Peter was shaking on her shoulder causing her to wake up.

       The brunette quickly sat up and looked at Peter, it was time to start the plan. Andromeda jumped off her bed and put on her brown leather boots. She grabbed a black jacket that she had taken from one of the Ravagers. She put the notebook in her backpack and zipped it up before putting it on. "Are you ready?" Peter asked. Andromeda nodded her head with a nervous, "Let's do it," she answered.

        Peter nodded his head before he opened the door to their room, the lights were turned off except for a few that were scattered out. Peter and Andromeda looked out for any Ravagers that were stationed throughout. Peter handed Andromeda a pair of quad-blasters which made her smile. When the coast was clear, the two made their way to a secret exit that only a few knew about.

        The two stood back to back in case anyone showed up, they walked carefully to not make a sound. They both knew that Yondu would be furious when Andromeda would turn up missing the next day. Andromeda didn't know where she would go but she didn't want to be with the Ravagers anymore, it wasn't a life she wanted to live.

       "Okay, once you open the door, an alarm will sound off which means you'll have to make a run for it once they know you're missing," Peter whispered, "The Ravagers are going to look for you until they see no sign of you, until then you're going to have to hide and not cause any trouble," Andromeda nodded her head, she didn't know where she was going to hide since she knew nothing about Xandar.

        After working for a few minutes, the two reached a small metal door that resembled a dog door, there was a small handle on it. Andromeda placed her hand on the handle and felt the cool metal with her fingertips. Andromeda took a deep breath, she would pull it and make a run for it, it seemed easy. "Come on, Andie, do it," Peter said while looking at her with sad eyes.

      Andromeda closed her eyes before pulling the handle and opening the door. Instantly, the alarms rang throughout startling the brunette, she looked at Peter with wide eyes, "Go!" he yelled. Andromeda went up to Peter and placed a hand on his cheek, she placed a small kiss on his lips before pulling back, "May we meet again, Quill," Andromeda quickly bent down and crept through the door before shutting it from the outside.

       The sky was dark outside, the alarms were blaring and Andromeda stood up before running away from the ship. She didn't dare turn her head to look back, she didn't want to think Peter or Yondu or anyone else. She ran with her life as the cold wind hit her face, she made it her goal to make it to the city. She had enough food and water to last a week or two, after that she would have to do her best to stay alive.

         She didn't know when she was going to see Peter and she hoped that it would be soon. For now, she didn't have a goal, she just needed a place to stay for the night, somewhere to sleep, anywhere was fine. Andromeda made sure to rub some dirt on her face so no one would recognize her. It was a fresh new start, she no longer didn't want to be known as the daughter of Vulcan Saros but as someone else.