12. Memories | یادیں

The pitter patter of the rain outside the window were the only company I had at the moment

But it wasn't enough. Everytime it rains, I remember that tragic night, that beautiful day time, that horrible incident in the night. I remember the beautiful memories, I remember those heart wrenching ones. Most of all,

It reminds me of Pari.

The time spent with her, the moments with her, our time, our bond, our relationship, our child, our plans, our dreams. Everything tarnished in front of my eyes and I still couldn't do anything.

I kept signing the papers now. At the end, it suffocated me. Her memories asked my dire attention. I can't live with them nor can I die with them.

I gazed at the city outside through the huge glass view behind my seat. They were all buzzing off towards their destination due to rain. It was dangerous to be out when it rained. Indeed, if she wouldn't have been out that day, our story would have continued, our dreams would have been our lives.

Jannat was growing up. Parishay wanted to witness her every step of growth and here she wasn't in our lives anymore.

I remember an evening I spent with her when we were in college.

f l a s h - b a c k
| 3 y e a r s - a g o |

The rain was beautiful this evening.

The more it rained, the more it pleased them. It pleased him to see her this way. Happy, smiling as she read her notes.

"Can we take a break now? It's not like semester exams are so tough," Parishay's frustrated voice came out slower than the sound of thunder yet the vibrant was nearly equal. The library of the University was a quite room until Parishay decided to intrude.

There were not many students except Ahad and Parishay. Only a few sat at a distance as it was vast. Sameer, Aymah and Kabir were out in the canteen.

"Says the genius," Pari smirked, chuckling at his choice of words. Showing her bunny tooth, she looked adorable and he always appreciated that.

"Says the topper," She retorted back making him chuckle. "Let's go for a walk, Ahad. I cannot read one more line."

"But it's raining," he started to tease her more for the tiredness that radiated through her face. The headache was clearing etching the corner of her temples as she slowly massaged them. "So what? It's fine," she says opening her eyes a little.

"For you, it's fine but I do not like getting wet for no reason," she cringed at his words, shaking her head. For her, rain was everything.