08. Conversation | بات چیت

The rustling of leaves outside, whispers so much about the witnessed truth and the naked lies

I barely could stand in front of the huge mahogany door, the knees below my belly felt tender than a jelly. I didn't wanted to give up nor did I wanted to go inside and give up my life to Ahad. Apparently I stood in front of my Dad's office room of Khan Industries. The board of gold that had Dad's name craved.

Chairman Ibrahim Ayaaz Khan.

My family had power around the city. We were taking our family business to the finest direction yet I, his daughter stood powerless to many boundaries. "Excuse me, Ma'am."

His employees passed before me as they communicated with each other. Half and hour passed by still I stood fidgeting through my thoughts. I was so engrossed that I hadn't heard Zohaib Bhai calling me untill he tapped my shoulder. "Zairaah? You came here?"

I passed him a gentle smile. He was back in the office just after few days after their wedding. He wanted to go on his honeymoon but Minal had a ongoing project which needed her dire attention and he gladly respected her space. "Minal told me that you departed for Khan Industries' Main Office from Shaikh Constructions. Why did you came here all of a sudden?"

After Jannat had woken up, I left her with Roshan and went to Shaikh Constructions where I worked but my entire mind and heart debated on my decision. The clock hit 7 in the evening. The two cups that he held tightly with his fingers as the smoke flew out ardently. The veins on the back of palms chiseled with the hold. He started walking towards me.

"I wanted to have a talk with Dad, Bhai. So thought to come over. It's been rather a long time that I visited The Khan Industries' Main Office.." I sat in the couch that felt too uncomfortable for the first time. "Done talking with him?"

"No. I was waiting for his Italian Delegates who are currently in his office."

"They left an hour ago, Zee."

"They did?" I asked, my statement rather came out like a shocked question. "Stop lying like you didn't know, Zairaah." I bit my lip in frustration. Apparently, being my elder brother, he knew every knuck of my actions. He was too smart to let go my failed attempts. "You were nervous, weren't you?"

I nodded. I barely could answer. He sighed leaving me in my baffles. Sitting parallel to my seat, he sipped on his evening tea after he had passed my coffee latté. I could just stare at the hot delight, numb.

"What have you decided?"

"What's your prospective about it?" He was gazing at me. His eyes were sharp, cold and radiant. Throwing blaze of unconditional support yet the aura of confidence. He unbuttoned the buttons of his suit, shaking his head. "My opinion on your life will never matter, Zairaah." He paused before continuing smiling, breaking the glacier of uncomfort.