05. Conviction | یقین

They were in love

They were in love.

It seemed too beautiful to encounter this moment. A moment of blissfulness. A moment of pure joy. They were in front of each other with just a cloth partition in between. It was a moment to cherish. There was just a few seconds before they would be each other's. This would create the strongest relationship between them. The Maulvi Sahab had asked the question and Minal had answered for two times and hence she signed her life to my brother in a minute,

"Qubool hai."

It was simple and seemed pretty fine but there were just too many responsibilities to encounter together but in love, you have each other; that's what matters. Minal and Zohaib Bhai knew each other ever since she had been our best friend which was 7 years ago when we met on high school. We came from a rich background so people thought we'd be arrogant and opinionated, so barely had any friends untill eleventh. Minal came from the same background, she was irritated with her middle school classmates where she was taunted about that.

We didn't had any hand in being rich. What was our fault? At least Zahiraah and I had each other, Minal was alone with her cousin who flew abroad after her middle school and Minal decided to change school and ended up with us. When Zahiraah and I met Minal, we instantly clicked together. She was our first bestfriend of life who is now my sister-in-law. Her humour and her support is the best traits she had.

"Ma Shaa Allah!"

I mumbled as my eyes placed between them. Zohaib Bhai took her veil off, staring at his wife; he smiled. Pecking her forehead. It felt like a dream. This was all too real to be dreamt about, at least for me.

"It feels like yesterday when we met Minal and today she is our Bhabhi."

Zahiraah's voice bounced me out of my mind and my eyes shifted at her. Zoya playing with her small bangles, resting in Zahiraah's arms. I said, "Can't actually believe this. Time flew..."

Ameera and Sandhya became our friends in college. They were bold, savage and sassy for this world. Too real to be captured and the most popular girls in the entire campus because of their beauty but they were never the player. They would utilise it to complete their work through others but never committed themselves in any way.

I felt a certain nudge near my knees. I looked down towards the source. Small and adorable arms that held my knees protectively. Her cheeks were touching the fabric of my cloth. Her lips were coated with icecream. I took her in my arms. Dressed in a maroon gown like me, she looked like a princess. Though Jannat was one. Roshan was behind her, trying to feed her the cool beverage.

She lifted her lips towards me and shook her head reluctantly. "Leave it Roshan! I guess she does not wants to eat."

"This small trouble maker! She was the one who forced me to get her an icecream before the stall even opens near the dining hall. It was embarassing to buy one before all the kids and she didn't even ate the quarter of it."