10. Game's Queen | کھیل کی ملکہ

The shoes might fit me but I knew I wasn't the Cinderella of my prince

We had nothing in between us. Absolutely nothing that connects us to a bond but we were in this delusion of a submitted relationship that wouldn't work accordingly.

Coolness that dipped me around the huge mulberry night was inviting me into the peaceful pallor of sleep. It has been few days since our engagement and they flew back to Pakistan the very night. I was glad about the amount of gap I had for marriage. It was the month of April. Dad and Shaheer Uncle had decided to keep the wedding on October because of Ahad's continuous business trips and his work.

It has been a long while since I had a conversation with him. He was a tough man, arrogant with his words yet softness touched his emotions everytime he spoke. Roshan informed that Jannat was being hard on her because of her habit of living with me.

I was happy hearing that Jannat missed me but deep down somewhere I was hesitant of the string Jannat pulled. She was the sole reason of this marriage, if she can't live, I wonder if they would agree for the gap. I want this gap, I want to train myself for the pain that I'd be trialled to.

"They are soft..."

I looked up from the plates of fresh momos my sisters cooked. Zainaah, Jibran Chacha's daughter in her late teenage is our little sister. "Have some, Zee," I heard Zahiraah.

"I wonder why our parents were obsessed with Z that they kept our names in Z," Zainaah munched the ardent delight down her throat, murmuring few words in between. I gazed back at my laptop at the 2d structure of a bangalow I was planning.

"It's all Dadi Ammi's stubbornness. She couldn't name her kids with Z because of her in-laws. So, she made sure we were stamped with Z," Zahiraah answered.

"The sound Zzzz is etched in the walls of this mansion," She chuckled. "After all Dadu's name starts with Z."

We three looked at each other before yelling together, "Zahid Jafar Khan!"

Ending up, we laughed together.

"The amount of power his name carries is unbeatable," I stated. "Zee?"

Zahiraah's voice snapped me out. I gazed towards her direction. They were sitting on my bed having the freshly made momos after giving me a plate of one.

"Hmmm?"

"Why didn't you talked about your alliance with Dadi Ammi? You know she will make sure to get away with it. She knows where it hits Dad."

Her words shocked me a little. Dadi Ammi could change anything that was happening. She had the power, she could control anyone in this mansion which had none of the secrets dumped. We were all a open mysterious book, the more you read, the more you'd crave for.