Chapter 11

Exactly 2 days after Alexia arrived back at her house she was already seriously considering running away to the Burrow for the rest of break. Her siblings were driving her mad, and the fact that they had blabbed to the rest of the family about Draco made every second that she was there ten times worse. By the third day, however, she was no longer just considering going to the Burrow. She was preparing an attempt at it. She had all of her things packed, including whatever she might need for her seventh year. If her plan worked, she might not return until after she was already graduated. The plan had no flaws. At exactly 4:50, her mother would begin to cook dinner. Both Amalla and Katty were out shopping with friends so they were out of the house. All three of her youngest siblings wouldn't be a problem because her father had taken them ice skating at a muggle ice rink. All she had to do was walk right out the house while her mother was busy cooking.

As soon as she could start to smell the meatballs, she made her move. While her mother was busy stirring spaghetti sauce, Alexia slipped out the door. She had done some research, and knew exactly how to get to the Burrow. She walked a few streets away, just to put some distance between herself and her house. Then, she stopped on an empty street that didn't look like many people used. She stuck out her wand hand and before she could blink, a purple, three decker bus was right in front of her. A wimpy looking wizard stepped out, and, he barely opened his mouth to greet her before she said "I need to get to the Burrow please." And boarded the bus. As soon as she sat down the bus was flying through streets of a rather small town, and stopped at the bottom of a hill that was about two miles from the muggle village and about a small field away from the Burrow. Now she saw the one huge flaw in her plan. What would she do if they did not welcome her? She quickly pushed the thought away and got off the bus. She handed the scrawny wizard a few sickles and started walking up the hill to the front step.

Alexia knocked at the door. She heard some yelling and the hooting of owls. Then Hermione opened the door. "Oh. It's you" She said bitterly with her arms crossed. "What do you want? Why aren't you out with Malfoy and the death eaters?" Alexia looked down. "My family is driving me crazy and, well, I was wondering if I could stay here?" Hermione bit her lip. "Well I guess if it's ok with Molly..." She looked at Alexia sternly "but this doesn't mean I forgive you for lying to everyone for nearly three months!" Alexia smiled. Mrs Weasley came to the door and smiled when she saw Alexia. "Welcome dear! I was wondering when you'd be arriving!" Alexia smiled. She had always liked the Weasleys. And right then, she felt that no matter who she was in love with, her friends were about to start treating her no different than they ever had before.