Chapter 2

Alexia barely ate anything the entire feast. Was she really about to get involved with a boy? No. It was probably just another prank from the Slytherins.

After the feast, Alexia made a dumb excuse about needing to return an overdue library book ("I forgot to return a book on quidditch last term, it's really nothing.") so she could sneak out to the lake. As she hurried down the trail to the lake she wondered (and in the back of her mind even kind of hoped) that this was some sort of trap.

---------------short time lapse---------------

Alexia stood by the lake looking up at the castle. Just as she thought. Another prank. Hold on. Was that someone running towards her? Ohmygosh. It's him. Draco Malfoy.

"Sorry I'm late. Took some doing to shake off the guys." He stepped a bit closer to her, and she took a step back. Was this really happening? "Look, I know you don't trust me, but I really have changed. I really do like you, a lot actually. And even if you don't want to be in a relationship, I hope you'll at least take me as a friend." He said this all in a tone that made her want to believe him. "I trust you" she responded. Suddenly they were so close she could see every detail of his face. And then nothing else in the world existed. It was just him. Just them. They both knew that moment that their story had started.