53. Jab Tak

Oh man what a trip, easily the cutest chapters I've written so far, just mush all around.

I hope everyone is healthy and safe, wherever they may be!💕

Song of the Chapter: Ye Kya Hua, Broken but Beautiful (An absolutely beaut song, but virtually unknown) 💔
-----------------------------//---------------------------

"Dekh, it's not just a silly tradition. It's a matter of pride. It's Shivaay's legacy. And as his team, it's our solemn duty to ensure that his legacy is secure."

Nobody could tell from Raichand's passionate speech that he was talking about a pair of shoes.

Yes, the groom's shoes, which according to some messed up wedding traditions, had to be stolen by the bride's family, and kept hidden till the groom did not pay them the ransom they asked for.

"Raichand, you know na, ki ye shaadi hai, Chak De India nahi? Toh please apni ye 70 minutes wali speech band kar."

Abhi said, shutting Raichand up with a glare.

"Arrey but galat thodi hai woh. Oberois ki shaan ki baat hai Abhi!"

Rudra commented, as Raichand smirked and patted his back

"Aapse aur expect bhi kya kar sakte hain."

Rishabh said, shaking his head at Rudra and Raichand's antics as the two flicked his forehead.

"Ishu, what do you think? Ishu? ISHU!"

Abhi whisper yelled to get Nandini's attention, who was busy in giggling and blushing at whatever Manik had said to her, only to get startled suddenly by Abhi.

Manik glared at Abhi, annoyed at the interruption while Mukti could only laugh.

"Udhar Sammy, Mira, Dhawan aur Malik plan bana bhi chuke honge pura. Aur yahan in dono ko PDA karna hai."

Raichand said, face-palming as he pointed towards the four scheming faces, the bride's team.

Dhruv and Alya were in their own dream world while Navya and Ahana were too busy talking about bollywood movies to take part.

"Sorry na! Ab complain karna band karo."

Nandini whined, making Manik chuckle as she wrinkled her nose.

"Okay, you know what we should do?"

She asked, with mischievous twinkling eyes, as the others leaned in with interest.

"We should steal Shiv Bhai's shoes ourselves!"

She announced, making everyone face-palm.

"Manik dekh zara Nandini ki jagah Alya toh nahi aagayi."

Mukti whispered to Manik, who shot her a nasty look.