Chapter XXXV

CHAPTER XXXV

LIAM

It's been ten years since the war happened. Life is peaceful now. Monsters and humans helped each other built the kingdom back to it's shape.

Now, i am infront of the grave of the two great heroes of the war. Ailyn and King Kiev. Two heroes who sacrificed themselves for the war.

After the war... A great explosion occured. We weren't able to get there in time and didn't find their bodies. Not even a single trace of the castle. Only drakius, drakora, Darius and servants of King Kiev were found at that incident.

*Flashback*

"Let's hurry. We might able to help them if we make it in time." I said as i was pouring my magia out on my summoned beast to fly faster.

"We're almost there!" Lyra shouted.

We were about to reach our destination when a white light of explosion envelop our vision and we're blasted away.

We woke up with the ringing sound in our ears and blurry vision. I can see that someone was slapping me and it was lyra.

"Wake the fuck up! God damn it!" She slapped me hard with all her might.

I felt it and came to consciousness. I just noticed that she was crying.

Wait... The explosion. Ailyn!

No words. I stood up and summoned my beast again and flew as fast as i can. And when i arrived, at the crater where the explosion occured.

I saw Drakius and one of the servant of King Kiev digging and crying at the same.

"Drakius, just stop please." Drakora said. She's also crying.

"No! No! I failed to protect her again! I failed! I failed! I failed! I'm a failure as a servant!" Drakius shouted as he digs.

No... No! My body reacted and i found myself digging and crying.

This can't be happening. This can't be.

"Just stop!" Drakora shouted and hugged Drakius.

Drakius cried on her shoulder loudly. I stopped and cried silently. I felt someone hugged me and also cried.

I didn't even had a chance to tell her. I'm so stupid.

I can't believe of how stupid i am right now.

*Present*

"You will always be in my heart, Ailyn." I put done a red rose and walked away.

I got back to my own territory which i inherited from my father that's now with mother in the country side which is the outskirts of my territory. They'll manage there while i manage here.

I focused myself on signing the papers. I have nothing to do now except managing the territory. Marriage? No. There's only one woman in my life.

Heirs? My brother's kids can be the one who can inherit the land.

After months of focusing on managing the land. The others forced me on attending a party. Well, a reward to get myself a little breather from work, i accepted it.