Chapter - 20: Her Birthday; His Surprise

Start from the beginning

Soon the pilot announced that they will be landing soon, but he did not disclose the location.

Once they landed, Sanskar and Swara came out of the plane and proceed towards the car standing on the runway. 'We are surely not in Kolkatta. I have seen Kolkatta runway couple of times' Swara thought settling inside car on passenger seat.

Sanskar settled himself on driving seat and then said "Swara I need to tie this cotton badge on your eyes so please turn"

"Sanskar what are you doing?" Swara asked him in confusion.

"Do you trust me?" Sanskar asked taking out cotton badge.

"Of Course, Sanskar more than anyone in my life" Swara said smilingly looking at him with love.

Swara turned and Sanskar make her blindfold.

After about 20 minutes Swara felt that Sanskar have stopped the car. She heard door opening sound.

"Come kitten" Sanskar said holding her hand and other hand he encircled around her back.

After taking few steps Sanskar stopped and went behind Swara to remove her blindfold.

Swara opened her eyes, it took her few moments to adjust with the day light, she looked around there was one two storey beautiful bungalow. In front of the bungalow there was small front yard and pavement leading towards the main door of the house.

"Sanskar where are we?" Swara asked him who was standing beside her.

But before Sanskar could answer Swara turned her gaze towards the house. She took heavy breath and wide her eyes with realisation.

Swara looked at Sanskar with open mouth and tears in her eyes.

"Yes, Swara this is real. Come let's go" Sanskar said smiling wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

Swara took first step and her gaze went towards her left, there was one swing with shed. She could see one lady sitting on the swing doing riyaz (singing practise) along with small girl and girl is trying to copy her.

"Shona, your voice is beautiful and very melodious to ears. But you need to do riyaz regularly." Swara could hear her mother's words.

Sanskar have brought her to her Bangalore's house, where Swara have spent most of the years of her childhood along with her parents and Dida.

Sanskar rub his palm against her arm leading her towards the house.

He opened the door and Swara entered the home. She looked at her right there was drawing room where she could see her father sitting on the sofa with newspaper in his hands.

"Shona, Reva have made Rasgullas. They are in fridge let's finish it before your ma and my ma come back home" Anurag's voice ringed in her ears.

Drawing rooms arrangement was exactly same earlier, there was one three sitter and a two sitter couch, and Big photo frame on the wall which have picture of Anurag, Reva, Swara and Dida. Swara remembered this picture they have clicked on her 10th Birthday. She remembered how her parents were arguing on which picture to put on this wall, and then after lot of discussions, they finalized this one.

There was small dining area with table and four chairs. She could see her complete family sitting there and relishing their food with laughter.

There was kitchen after dining area, "Shona aa gayi bhuk lagi hogi na? Go and get freshen up and come for lunch, food is ready" her Dida shouting loudly working inside kitchen.

Swara touched the dining table feeling the presence of her family.

Swara took staircase and went upstairs, there were lot of different photo frames hanged just exactly same as they used to be in her childhood.