Chapter 20

Eijirou's POV~

"Aizawa, go track down Bakugo, I fear he's going to cause us trouble." Nezu directed. My homeroom teacher seemed hesitant, but did as he was told.

"Midoriya, please explain further." The principal said.

Izuku sniffed and rubbed some of the blood away with the back of his hand. It smeared on his face, rather than being cleaned off. "Kacchan punched me in the face, knocked me out, and tied me up. Then he left. I have no clue where he went or what he's planning on doing. Can I leave now?" He asked, specifically ignoring me and avoiding my gaze. It stung, but I knew I deserved it.

"What did he say before hitting you? Why were you two alone in that classroom?" Nezu asked.

I perked up at the question. They were alone in a classroom? Why? What the hell was Bakugo doing? How did Nezu even know that?

Izuku hugged himself, avoiding eye contact with anyone, not just me. "He said he wanted to talk to me. No one wanted to let him be alone with me, after what Aizawa said to him, but I said I could handle myself. He led me into an empty classroom and before he even said anything, he knocked me out. When I came to, Aizawa was untying me. That's all I have, sorry." He said.

I was livid. What the hell was Bakugo thinking?!

Nezu seemed to notice my rising temper concerning the situation, and motioned between All Might and I. In a flash, the symbol of peace had my cuffs chained to the chair, limiting my movement even more.

I pulled and shook them, trying to get out. "What the hell?!" I asked, glaring at the two adults in the room.

"Just a precaution. You seem to be getting more and more distressed with Midoriya in the room. Why do you think that is?" Nezu asked thoughtfully. The little rodent knew exactly why. He was trying to get to me.

I looked away and said nothing. They could take a wild guess at my feelings for the green haired teen.

"You've grown to care for him, more so than your other classmates. I can't imagine that was apart of your plan, coming into this school." Nezu said, still contemplative as he carefully laid out his words like a choreographed dance.

I really hated him.

I scowled, trying to suppress my fury. It wasn't easy in the slightest. I quickly glanced at Izuku, seeing him grow more uncomfortable, then quickly looked away.

"You seemed to form multiple, genuine bonds with other students. Wouldn't someone in your line of work see those as weaknesses? Something to be exploited? Used against you when you've been found out?" Nezu asked, a smile on his face once again. He knew exactly how to push my buttons.

"Fuck off, mouse." I growled. I didn't risk another look at Izuku, knowing that Nezu would be expecting me to be checking on him in this scenario.

"Touchy, touchy. Have you grown to care for all of class A? Or is it limited to your group of four or five?" He asked.

I said nothing.

"Well anyway, you've grown an incredibly large soft sport for this green haired boy. A rather large weakness, wouldn't you say Kirishima?" Nezu asked, looking over at Izuku.

Izuku hesitantly looked up and we made eye contact, but only for a few seconds. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling in that moment. There were to many conflicting emotions going through his eyes.

"You care for him, no? A great deal. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say you'd do quite a lot to ensure his safety and happiness." Nezu spoke up, shaking Izuku and I out of our gaze.

I snapped my eyes to the principal. My scowl was back. "Is that supposed to be a threat?" I asked him, less than impressed with his implications towards an innocent student.

Nezu laughed lightly. "Oh not at all, just a passing thought. You wouldn't want something to happen to him, because of you're own actions, am I right?" He asked, digging deeper and pushing further.

I didn't appreciate it.

"What do you want, Nezu? I'm not an idiot. Don't forget, I was smart enough to fool an entire school for three years." I said, my voice full of spite.

He seemed amused by my words. "Ah yes, I'm very aware of that. You did an incredible job at that and I wouldn't dare call you an idiot. A fool perhaps, but never an idiot." He said, confusing both Izuku and I.

"What's the difference?" Izuku asked, startling me. I hadn't expected him to speak up.

"An idiot is someone with a low level of intelligence, someone Kirishima is not. A fool, in my experience, can be made out of even the smartest genius." Nezu spoke.

Izuku's brows furrowed. "I'm still not following."

Nezu sighed. "Kirishima is a fool. He is intelligent, yes, but unwise. He made the mistake of letting people in when coming here, intentionally or not, and has therefore left himself vulnerable. He even went as far as to fall in love. Quite the foolish move."

I directed my attention towards the wall next to me.

"You care for him and his wellbeing. Which means, you care about the consequences he'll have to face now." Nezu said casually.

Izuku's eyes widened as he looked at the small animal. "What'd you mean?" He asked.

"Don't." I snapped at Nezu.

"There hasn't been any final decisions made yet, but we have options. Those of which include expulsion, withdrawal of your quirk, and the most extreme option of jail time."

"Fuck you." I spat at him. Izuku didn't deserve any of that. He had done absolutely nothing wrong.

I looked over at him, seeing his eyes well up with tears that he was trying to restrain. It broke my heart. All I wanted to do was break Nezu's nose.

"Just tell me what you want." I said through clenched teeth. There was going to be hell to pay from Shigaraki, but I knew I could handle it.

"How would you feel about being a triple agent?"