Chapter 20 - Remember.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Wow. You were NOT what I was expecting. Look at you! You should be on the cover of GQ or something!" She exclaimed humorously. Not even a smile appeared on Julian's face. A voice inside his head asked him to be civil, but he didn't want to deal with Alana, she'd use anything he'd say against him.

"I'm rather in a hurry." He was about to call her by her name –Alana—but that wouldn't have ended well. She would have badgered him about his life, the love life he wish existed and on and on! He was not in a good mood to deal with that.

"But Julian," She boldly used his first name. It irked him, she was up to something. "I have so many questions for you!"

"Honestly, I'm rather busy." He said, sounding a bit formal and irritated.

"Busy?" She echoed his words, "To even talk about the rumor that you're gay?"

Julian froze, how did she even know? He wondered. Shifting his weight from one foot to the other he looked straight at her. "What are you talking about?"

A sly smile spread across her lips. "I'm talking about the rumor that's going around about you--" She pointed to Julian's chest with the smile still intact. "—having an affair with a co-worker at Dalton& Meriden." She was overly confident about her information. His blood boiled, it was a mixture of emotions that flooded through him, yet he kept a poker face.

"Alana--"

"A male co-worker. According to my sources he's a secretary there." She pronounced, cutting him off. He couldn't give her what she wanted so he held on to his composure. Luckily for him, his phone ringed, not once had he ever been happier that he phone rang. Without even looking at the caller ID he answered. He just needed to get away from Alana.

"Hello." Julian said, a smile played on his lips as he raised his finger at Alana asking her to give him a moment.

"Hi Julian, I was wondering whether you were coming over today? I mean, I was thinking that we could—I mean, you don't have to, but if you--" Julian's smile widened when he heard the voice on the other side, he could have recognized it anywhere.

"Yes, of course, I'm heading that way right now." Julian said cutting off Marcus' rambling.

"Alright." He paused, rather happily. "I'll see you then, then?" He said, the tone of his voice changed immediately as he spoke.

"Of course. I'll be there soon."

"Okay," Marcus said, almost breathlessly. Julian's heart just leaped at the sound of his voice.

"Okay, I love you. Bye" Julian said easily, what he had said didn't process in his mind till a moment later. Julian's eyes widened and his lips parted trying to conger an excuse or a lie but with a gasp on the other end of the line it went dead, Marcus had hung up. He didn't take it back, he couldn't..... He didn't want to.

"So........., who was that?" The high pitched female voice made him cringe. Alana! He thought in alarm, he was screwed.

The phone slipped from Marcus' grip and dropped to the floor at an awkward angle and upon impact the glass touch-screen on his iphone cracked. He cursed under his breath and picked the –now damaged—phone.

Marcus wasn't sure whether he had heard Julian right. I love you, the words rung in his ears, he was sure that that's what Julian had said, but yet he didn't want to accept it. Why would Julian love him? They hadn't known each other for long and yet the thought of Julian uttering the words I love you brought him peace. It sounded so real, so full of heart.