Hall -🎃- ween Schemes

Gasping as we reammerge from the shadows I begin gulping desperately for air. It'd be a long time since I'd done anything like that.

  Pitch chuckles keeping an arm around my waist to support my trembling. I playfully bat at him as he continues to laugh at my sorry state. I whine at him to stop and pout when he doenst.

 "If you shadow shifted more it wouldn't leave you breathless every time we teleport together." He informs snorting. I stick my tongue out at him before turning away to steady my breathing. Using fearlings to travel through the shadows was always unpleasant but at least Pitch was with me, I know he took most of their power otherwise I'd be feeling a lot weaker and sicker. He was right, pratice made it easier but I preferred flying. 

 "It's always to cold. Besides I can fly." I tease him back as my breathing begins to steady. Getting enough air I to snicker at Pitches offended looking face. He takes his hand off me and I chuckle steadying my standing stance.

  "Your a creature of shadows you'd think you would have mastered the art of darkness by now." He says frowning. I brush off the comment and pat his back shrugging. Every spirit was different. Besides I was neither of darkness or light but something inbetween. Not quit a shadow like Pitch but something... similar? Something new. At least that what I always told myself. 

  "I don't think of myself as a creature thankyou very much." I inform Pitch. "And I'm not very fond of shadow sorcery or fearlings. I'll stick to what I know. Namely the autumn winds and fire." I answer honestly. He huffs but nods not wanting to argue about it.

  "Now about my plan." He says smirking. Ignoring that he changed the subject on me like a child would to win an argument I fall back into one of his black leather chairs. Getting comfortable in the new setting I look over at Pitch.

  "Shoot." I state curious to what his little plan to be seen was this time. He always had something and often came to you for help maybe this time one of his plans would actually work... 

  "My plan is simple but sure to be effective." He boasts proudly. I roll my eyes shifting in the tall leather chair. Enough with the flair Pitch just tell the big scheme.

  "Tell me than. Sugarcoating is only for candy Pitch." I say more than a bit amused. He glares but gains his composure to continue.

  Oh this would be interesting.

 "Halloween is when children are most afraid." I frown crossing my arms and pursing my lips about to object. "Let me finsih then give critism." Pitch offers looking at me with puppy dog eyes. Acknowledging I was in his home and he got me out if an awkward situation I huff. Rolling my eyes as I shift again I nod letting him continue. He smirks as he begins to pace in the large cavern. Watching as shadows and black nightmare sand shifted around him Pitch takes a deep breath putting his hands together before continuing his idea. "Children are there most vulnerable on your holiday (Y/N) that's just a fact. They're scared and unsure fear creeping into their minds as they dress in costumes and walk through the dark night. They feel safe in their groups or with their parents but they are so full of FEAR. Every child will already be thinking of terrible things before they sleep, all sorts of monsters and demons and ghouls in their mind BUT I can make it even worse with my nightmares. I can make their imagination turn on them. Imagine. Just Imagine (Y/N) kids squirming in their beds dripping in fear. Imagine every nightmare they have there's a whipser of two spirits. You and me. They'll believe in Shadows. Shadows and Fear. Just think of how great that'd be! We'd be invincible (Y/N)!!! Kids would have no choice but to believe in us! And the screams the screams and fears-" Pitch felt his eyes glow just thinking about it as he ranted on trying to convince his dear friend to join him. 

 "NO." Pitch pauses and turns towards me shocked. My eyes are black and my fists are clenched and shaking as the torches in his home begin to shift.

 "Now that's not fair met me finish-" Pitch begins to playfully reprimand about to continue his glorious plans to me.

 "I SAID NO!" The room seems to get heavier as darkness swarms around the both of you. Flames come from the ground casting dark shadows across my face. Pitch swallows tilting his head as he observes me. His fingers tap against each other. Not... not the reaction he was expecting... but probabaly one he should've been prepared for. 

 "But (Y/N) it could work. I could be seen. WE could be seen. Isn't that what you want? Aren't you sick of the guardians getting all the attention? Come on Eve what goes better together than Shadows and Fear? Than darkness and spirits?" He questions. We could do amazing things together. We had done amazing things. But at what cost? Eve didn't want to hurt anyone, they had just been angry and they took that anger out on others.

  I flinch as Pitch reaches out for me, desperate to understand why I didn't agree with him. Why I refused to help.

 "NO PITCH ! NO MORE USING MY HOLIDAY AS AN EXCUSE FOR YOU TO SCARE KIDS SO MUCH THEY CRAP THEMSELVES FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT! MY HOLIDAY IS IMPORTANT TO ME I REFUSE TO ALLOW YOU TO RUIN IT FOR THE KIDS OR FOR ME!!! MY HOLIDAY WASN'T MADE FOR YOU TO SCARE KIDS!" I huff glaring at him.

  Pitch pauses as I glare, black eyes staring through his soul. After a moment as my breathing starts to even out he slowly steps towards me and carefully puts his hands on my shoulders. I stare at him shaking. 

 "(Y/N)." He pauses averting his gaze as his grip on my shoulders tighten. "(Y/N) I'm sorry." Gold eyes locking with my black ones Pitch smiles apologetically. "It... it was just an idea. If you don't give me permission I won't do it during your holiday or your month." He promises. Not sure if hes lying or tricking me or just being a good friend I sign. 

  Still angry but calming down I let my shoulders relax at Pitches touch. My eyes turn back to their (e/c) as I stop scowling. He smiles at me gently tilting my head up as he strokes my cheek. I hadn't even noticed the hot tears pouring down my face until he wiped them away. "But please... do consider it. For old times sake." Huffing out a deep breath I roll my eyes and take his hands off my shoulders. Holding them in my own I sigh.

 "... Promise." I agree averting my gaze. The smile he gives to my repsonse is worth more than the gnawing guilt in my stomach at the thought of either of you hurting children. I'd think about his offer but I had a feeling I'd be letting Pitch down.

  Looking around his lair I noticed it was different then the last time I'd visited. Likely from the battle he had with the guardians. Calmed down I try to change the mood hoping he'd forgive and forget. Hoping he'd understand as similar as we were we were still so different. "How bout a tour?" I question wiping the rest of my tears away and smiling. Pitches face perks up, a smile on his face as he takes my arm. Eyes glowing in excitement he waves his arm in a grand gesture more than ready to show off his home. 

 "Of course dear. Anything for you." I tried to ignore how my face flushed when he called me dear as he lead me away, deeper into his lair but I felt my heart twinge.

 Pitch always had a way with words.