Pumpkin Picking 🎃

Flying through the air feeling much better I laugh spreading my colored leaves everywhere! Fall was here! It was finally here! Spinning in circles and shouting in joy I listened as the wind playfully whispered in my ear, teasing me about my giddiness. Giggling as it tickled me, I decide to land and wander around for a bit until night rolls around. I don't think I'd gone very far from where I'd been earlier, I'd flown up not away so I was probably in the same area.

  Touching the ground and looking around I cause a flutter of leaves to follow me blowing away from where I'd landed.

  Observing my surroundings surprised I smile at the pumpkin patch I'd found myself in. I was always drawn to places like this after being upset, it was maybe one of the closest places to home I had. Standing in the field I take it all in, seeing the farm in all its glory. The laughter and smiles of excited children making my heart swell. I loved my season. 

   Closing my eyes leaning back I breathe in deeply enjoying the feel of Fall. The autumn air carrying the smell of crisp leaves, apples, and pumpkins just made me so excited! Halloween was getting closer! Wanting to stay at the farm for awhile I decide to take a little break and walk through the pumpkin patch deciding to help any plants that may need a boost. Tapping any sickly pumpkins with my foot they grew in size and their colors became brighter.

  As the wind followed me playfully tossing around leaves I hummed. Stalks of corn waved in the light breeze a ways away while a tractor plowed up wheat in a near by field. A hay truck carried people too the crops and game center where fall themed games were. There was also large stands where people we're buying and selling things. Walking deeper into the patch watching kids run around looking for the perfect pumpkins I feel pride seeing them pick out their prizes.

   Feeling mischievous I snatch a cup of hot cider being offered to guests. 

 Finding a place to relax unnoticed I sit on a dry haystack hoping no one sees the floating drink. Perched on the hay I observe the farms setup. Looking at the feilds of crops before glancing at the stands and giant barn.

  Sipping my drink I smile, in my opinion pumpkin patches were one of the most fun parts of Fall. Farmers sold apples, pies, berries, corn, gourgs, kettle corn, candy, and pumpkins to parents as kids ran around exploring the outdoors and having fun. Everyone laughs as they play games or try to pick their perfect pumpkin. People of all ages climb hale bails on the farm and play tag. Teenagers scare each other in the corn maze causing giggles and playful shrieks of terror. There were warm drinks and sometimes fun snacks. There was just so many cool things to do! It never ceased to amaze me at how creative humans were and how they always found fun things to do for my hoilday. It made me glow in pride.

   Drinking the warm cider I hum happily enjoying the peaceful fall day, basking in the fact so many people were enjoying themselves and preparing for my holiday. Finishing my drink I throw the cup away deciding to explore some more. Floating I jump and catch a ride on the farms hay wagon. Sitting in an empty seat staring out at the feild I listen to the driver tell the history of the pumpkin farm as I take in the gorgeous scenery. While the driver starts talking about what kind of crops they grow I pause hearing familiar laughter.

  "... Jamie?" I question. Standing on the wagon before stepping off as it drives away, I follow the laughter before I find Jamie and his family picking out pumpkins. Looking out at the field I also see some of his friends doing the same. Each carefully observing the pumpkins looking for the perfect one. I hum seeing the little believers run around excited about getting their pumpkins.

  Putting Jamies feelings above my own I smile forgiving him for earlier.

  "Here Jamie. This one's a winner." I state smiling softly as I shift some green leaves seeing a runt. Closing my eyes lightly touching it, the pumpkin doubles in size becoming perfect for carving. Satisfied with the finsihed product I carefully roll the pumpkin towards Jamie so he'll spot it. Blowing some leaves his way to get his attention Jamies eyes go wide as he turns and sees the pumpkin.