Waking up Lonely

I don't remember much since waking up. Not anything that feels important. I know it wasn't the first time I'd woken up but it was the first time I could remember anything, everything else seemed foggy. Trying to make sense of that fog just left me more confused so I tried not to think of it.

   The memory of opening my eyes in an empty feild filled with colorful leaves near the woods  still lingers in the back of my head. I had woken up alone and confused. After getting up wandering around feeling scared I remember the silver light that surrounded me. The warmth and hope that filled me. I didn't know much than and I still don't know much now but the moon eventually told me about myself after some time had passed.

  As the moon talked to me I confided in him I couldn't remember anything. I told him I don't think I've been around that long so how much could there be to remember, was I missing something? Did he know anything?

  That night was long and confusing but I do know that the moon said his name was Manny and that he was a friend. I didn't know anyone. Anything. All I knew were these strange woods, but something deep inside, something important told me I could trust Manny and that he was telling me the truth. He said I was special and that I had to believe that and someday when I believed it others would too. He promised one day I'd change the world if I believed. And... I think I do.

  I think I believe I'm special and that I'll change the world for the better. I'm not really sure how but I'm working on that.

  Thinking of that conversation feeling unsure I look up at the moon. I hadn't been awake long and so far I'd been pretty alone but Manny was out almost every night. Seeing Mannys smile and feeling his moonlight glow surround me I nodded remembering how he told me to believe, to believe in him and believe in me.

  Waving at him I decided it was time to find others like me. Manny was a being with little time to spare and the time he gave to me I was greatful for but now I was ready to go out on my own. I had explored the entirety of the woods I'd woken up in and I was no longer afraid. I was excited!

  ~ Timeskip ~

  Days had passed since I'd talked to Manny but in that time I'd learned I could do things. Special things just like he said.

  I'm curious about these talents, how far they could go. I wish I could share them, ask others about them... but so far no one can see me. They... walk right through me. Like I'm not there. Like I don't exist. Manny said I just have to be patient, so I have been. And I have a feeling someday soon it'll pay off. I just don't know when.

  For now the trees are a comfort, the autumn breeze a friend, and my new powers a joy I hold close. Someday the world will know me but for now I don't mind being alone. For I always had the moon, the wind, and my season of Fall to keep me company. I was content and that's all I needed. 

  Staring up at the moon not being able to rest I wondered if Manny would talk to me tonight. He hadn't since our conversation but I always felt him near. Pacing back and forth on an elm tree in the woods I waited hoping to catch his attention. Watching as the trees leaves changed color and the clouds blew past the moon I smiled. So far I'd learned two things about myself that I could do that were special.

  Make leaves change from green too brown, yellow, orange, or red and have what I learned is called the autumn breeze fly me around. It's pretty interesting, these gifts and they keep me occupied with no one to talk to but I want to know more. I want to know why I'm here, what I'm needed for, and when will people believe in me and see me like Manny said? 

  As far as I know from the lessons I've spied on from the near by towns folk you're not borne in a day as an adult. You learn. You live. You love. You grow. So... how do I fit into all of that? I don't remember anything like that. I see families, kids and teenagers with parents. I see friends play games and people fall in love. I don't remember having a family or having friends. I'm unsure if I've ever felt love...

  l keep asking the moon questions but he hasn't answered leaving the last few nights silent. And... Very lonely. Sighing as I leaned against the tree I'd been pacing on I close my eyes wondering what's next.

  "... What's my purpose?" I suddenly asked whispering to the stars. I waited for an answer but my only company was the whistling wind. "... Why am I here?" I now questioned the wind hoping it could answer.

  It went silent making the night still. Feeling upset I close my eyes tighter before the wind started pulling at me, lightly tugging on my colorful autumn clothes. Opening my eyes shocked at the tugging I begin laughing as the wind plays a game. "Okay! Okay!" I cheered before jumping off the tree chasing the autumn breeze looking for hidden answers.

  Pulling me forwards I searched around as we soared over the forest. Where was the wind taking me? What did it have planned now? Closing my eyes and enjoying the cool wind I lett it lead me to where I needed to be.

  Smiling I didn't have a care in the world! Howling into the roaring air as I soared across the night sky I left a trail of shaking trees and swirling leaves. Maybe I didn't know what I was for yet but right now that didn't matter. Right now the breeze was leading me somewhere and I trust the breeze like I trusted the moon. With everything I had. Because it was all I knew.

 "Off to find adventure!" I yell adrenaline coursing through me as I giggle into the night flying faster.

  Off to find myself!