Chapter 19 - Confessions & Frustrations.

Start from the beginning

He couldn't find the motivation to move away.

Back at work hours later, Julian reminisced in their not-so-awkward encounter that morning. Neither of them brought it up, questioned it nor spoke about it. To them it didn't feel like anything strange or out of the ordinary, strangely.

As Julian continued to watch Marcus interact with his fellow co-workers he couldn't help but notice the lingering presence of the people around him. Then it occurred to him: the stalker could be anyone, it could be any one of those people that spoke it him, pretended to be his friend. Sudden insecurity, fear, protectiveness washed through him. Julian grit his teeth and turned away from the window that looked into the office. Running his hand through his hair he listed the possibilities, to his dismay he realized that it could be anyone. In this new twisted world people didn't really need nor have reasons for things they did. It was sick and cruel. For all he knew it could be Dorian, he shuddered at the thought of the displeasing man. Him working at Dalton& Meriden was displeasing, could he not find anywhere else. It was a rivalry that had been going on since he could remember. It was absolute shit, he thought.

. . .

Had it been five hours or seven, he couldn't tell. Julian hadn't seen Marcus around and it was unnerving. He was so close to calling him and checking up on him but he had to hold himself back. The last thing he wanted was for Marcus to think of Julian as a stalker or even close to anything of the sort.

When he got home to his town house –after spending the last three days up in his apartment- Julian settled down in his office chair and tried to relax, but he couldn't, not when strange things were happening all around him.

"Mr. Dalton..." A voice in the distance called him. It was when he lazily blinked his eyes open he realized that he had been asleep.

"huhh?" Was the response he conjured, sleepily.

"There's mail for you Mr. Dalton." Said the voice, sternly. Sitting up in his hair he looked at who spoke –Charles. He stood at the foot of the office in his usual attire and the same blank look.

"At this time?" Julian asked raising a brow.

"Yes, Sir." Charles said, holding out a pure white envelope.

Julian narrowed his brows, it was obvious that it hadn't really come form the post; it only had his name printed onto it, no address no stamps. Taking the envelope he asked Charles to leave.

When he opened it and looked inside, his eyes widened.

The style, the way it was written, just by that he knew who it was –The Secret Admirer-. His blood boiled in anger as he read it. One line stood out to him most: Marcus will never love you;

Julian's eyes scanned down the scented paper over and over again, his eyes grazing over each line: Julian the choice is yours, if you refuse to let this go you will regret it. Marcus is doing right by you by lying to you. So for your sake stay out of it. This is none of your concern Julian.

At this point he could kill anyone. How dare anyone threaten him, or Marcus!

If you refuse to do as I say and keep going after Marcus and try to make him a fag like you, you will regret it, rethink your actions. Stay away from him. Or I WILL release your indiscretions to the media. I'm sure they'd love to see the disgusting things you and Marcus did in that elevator?

And that was all it took for him to snap.

"CHARRRLLESS!" Julian's voice boomed through the whole house and with in less than a minute Charles was at the door frame peering into the office-room. He looked alarmed; Julian had never once raised his voice or yelled out before. Anger was purely out of character.