↦ chapter 6

1:00 pm, friday | 𑁍
(miranda's pov)
"i had no choice, i had to text corbyn"

1:00 pm, friday | 𑁍(miranda's pov)"i had no choice, i had to text corbyn"

IT'S been almost 2 weeks since mine and corbyn's blowout. i've forgotten about it for the most part, but i still question if we were meant to meet again for a reason.

whatever, it doesn't matter right now. i'm currently at work, and it's going pretty smoothly. kathy went on a family vacation, so it's just been me and janelle these past couple days. i cant even say that i'm complaining, because janelle is genuinely a really fun girl.

the coffee shop had just finished calming down from rush hour, which was almost 10 minutes ago. people were still coming in, but not in bigger groups.

janelle and i were messing around, mixing up some ingredients and having eachother guess what they were. we were suddenly interrupted by somebody entering the shop, causing the bell at the door to ring. i quickly ran over to the cash register to take their order.

"hi! welcome to starbucks, what can i get you?" i said as the person made their way to the register, looking down at their cell phone. "oh. uh, caramel frappuccino." they muttered, still not looking up. "got it, what size?" i asked them. "grande i guess." they replied. i sighed and calculated their total.

"that'll be $5.30. can i get your name as well?" i said politely. the man swiped his card and turned off his phone, shoving it into his back pocket. "corbyn." they told me. i froze.

"i uh... alright sir! your drink should be ready in around 5 minutes." i said and quickly turned around, avoiding eye contact. i don't think he knows that it's me.

i quickly made his drink and called out his name for him to pick it up. "thanks" he said, making direct eye contact with me. i shuddered. well, there goes me trying to stay hidden from him.

he smirked a bit before pulling his arm away. "it's been a few weeks, how are you feeling?" he asked me, taking a sip of his drink. "i'm fine." i said sternly.  "oh loosen up a bit, miranda. what's wrong? you know i'm here for you." corbyn said, his face softening.

i can't even lie, he's cute.

"not gonna talk, huh? that's alright." corbyn said, backing away from the counter. "if you ever need something just give me a call, yeah?" he said before walking out.

i stood in silence for a few moments, my head hanging low. "who was THAT? he's cute!" janelle blurted out, making me jump a bit. "nobody. just my ex-boyfriend" i shrugged. she nodded and we both went back to work.
————
"i'll take the closing shift tonight, alright? you can go home." janelle said, patting my back lightly. i smiled at her and set my apron and cap on the counter. "see you tomorrow, stay safe!" she yelled out, waving at me. "you too!" i said walking out.

as i walked to the bus stop, my stomach rumbled loudly. it was dark, and i still hadn't eaten dinner, so i stopped by a nearby grocery store to grab something small.

what i didn't know, however, is that someone was following me.

the moment i walked into the store, i made eye contact with a man who looked like he was in his late 30's. i smiled to be friendly, and he gave me a creepy grin. i didn't think much of it, and kept on shopping.

when i finally finished, i started walking back to my house, and that's when i realized.

holy shit.. this guy is stalking me..!

i quickly started running, but i could hear him running behind me as well. i got nervous and didn't know what to do, who could i possibly call to get me out of here?

"if you ever need something just text me, yeah?"

no. there was no way i was gonna call corbyn. i sighed and nervously tapped my phone while walking around in circles, the man still following me. i called kathy, no answer. i called janelle, and still, no answer. i had no choice, i had to text corbyn.

——————————————————————————
miranda
hey. i need your help.

corbyn
well that's a first. what's up?

miranda
there's this guy who's stalking me. he's been following me ever since i got out of the grocery store. could you come pick me up or something?

corbyn
don't even sweat it, i'm on my way. are you already at your apartment or still near the store?

miranda
i'm in front of my apartment complex

corbyn
shit, that's not good. now he knows where you live.

miranda
oh my god you're right

corbyn
i have a spare bedroom at my apartment, do you wanna crash here for the night and go home in the morning?

miranda
oh uh
yeah, sure
are you almost here?

corbyn
just got here. are you in front of the store or? i don't see you anywhere

miranda
i'm near the back. i could loop around the front if you'd like?

corbyn
alright. see you in a few minutes
——————————————————————————
i looked around the front of the store and saw corbyn sitting on a bench, waiting for me to appear. a wave of relief brushed over him when he saw that i was okay. he walked over to me and wrapped me in his arms, bringing me close to his chest. i slightly blushed.

he whispered into my ear "i want to apologize in advance, but this is the only way we can get this guy to fuck off." i  looked up at him, confused. "what do you mean?" i asked. corbyn sighed and whispered in my ear once again.

"i have to kiss you."

————
𑁍