Chapter 32 - Just a dream?

Start from the beginning

"Is that what she told you?" I asked, although I already knew the answer.

"No but-"

"But nothing, you shouldn't jump to conclusions," I stated as I tried to keep calm.

For some reason it seemed that Kyle still had me on edge whenever it came to April. 

"I'm not but those too always get back together, it's just how it goes. I spent enough time with the two of them to know that they are completely in love. If they don't come back in here in the next ten minutes hand in hand I'll be surprised," he said as I felt my blood begin to boil as the image of them hand in hand played in my mind.

"I doubt it," I mumbled.

"How can you be so sure?" Jaime asked with a smug expression.

"Because she's my girlfriend," I grunted before walking towards the canteen doors.

"Oh, erm, maybe I was wrong," I heard a nervous Jaime mutter as I walked away.

That moron was always running his mouth so I don't know why I was letting it get to me. I had no reason not to trust April and I wasn't going to start jumping to conclusions based on what some idiot said based on theories in his head. The only reason that I'm going to find April right now is so that I can make sure that she is ok. I know that she is always trying to please everyone but I know that the one thing that nearly ripped her apart was losing that baby. I didn't know how Kyle would react to their little 'talk' but I needed to make sure that everything was running smoothly. If I get there and all is well then I will just disappear as though I was never even there but I need to check first.

Me and April were good lately and everytime that I thought about her I just couldn't shake the smile that she put on my face. I really was in love with this girl.

As I got close to the spot that Jaime had told me about, I tried to be as quiet as I possibly could. I just wanted to check that things were ok and then quickly disappear before any of them seen me. 

As I got to the edge of the art room I gently peeped round the corner to see Kyle and April with their backs to me. I couldn't hear them clearly but as I watched April pull Kyle into a warm embrace my stomach dropped. Just as I went to turn around and run away in a fit of anger, I remembered what had happened last time that I had seen then hugging and jumped to conclusions so instead I stood still and listened. It was what I heard next that made me angry.

"We've been through way too much to just throw it all away. I love you too," April said as I watched the two of them hold each other tighter.

I may jump to conclusions about a lot of things but I had just heard it as clear as day. April was still in love with Kyle. After everything that we had been through, after all that we had said it was still him. I guess I was an idiot to believe that I could ever compete with him. He still had her heart. They were mourning a baby together, they had history and all I was, was an act at a party that became a little too real. I punched myself internally before walking off in anger. 

"Aiden, wait!" I heard April shout from behind me. I wasn't about to allow her to see that she had affected me and so I just kept on walking. She had made her choice, she can drop the pathetic act.

"Aiden please, it's not-"

"What it looks like, of course not," I said, interrupting her stupid attempt at trying to make me feel better. What really annoyed me is that even now, even when I had heard it with my own ears, she couldn't just be honest. I guess Jaime was right, maybe they were meant to be together.

"Aiden please," she pleaded one last time as she stared at me with the most sincere look in her eyes that I almost fell for it.

"I thought you meant it but I guess I was just kidding myself. It will always be him," I said as I looked her straight in the eyes. I watched as the tears began to roll down her cheeks. Every part of me wanted to take my thumbs and wipe them away, to kiss her and say that it was ok but it wasn't. None of this was ok, she loved him and to be quite honest I couldn't deal with that right now so I did what I do best, I walked away.