Chapter 1 - Party Time!

Since joining wattpad I really wanted to write a simple teen love story that people could just enjoy. I haven't been inspired to do one until now so I really hope that you enjoy it. Please leave comments below and if you like it please don't forget to vote. Thanks :)

Charlene AKA Sharlay

PRETEND

© 2012, Charlene AKA Sharlay
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

__________________________________________________________________________

                                                                  PRETEND

Chapter 1 - Party Time!

"Hey," I said, wrapping my arms around his strong neck. He was taller than I was and so I found myself tip toeing to reach his beautifully smooth lips. To my shock, he pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked, feeling rather rejected.

"Sit down," He said, sounding as though he was about to tell me the most terrible thing in the world.

"April you and I are-"

"Are what?" I asked as I rose to my feet once again. Suddenly my stomach dropped, I knew what was coming.

"You and I are just not compatible".

"I don't understand..." I said, feeling as though someone had just stabbed me in the heart.

"It's not you-"

"Don't! Don't you dare give me the 'it's not you, it's me' speech. Do not patronize me Kyle," I said in a stern voice.

As I sat there staring at his guilt ridden face, the puzzle pieces slowly started to fit together.

"It's her isn't it!"

"Who?" He replied in a confused tone.

"You know exactly who I mean. It's Rachel, isn't it?" I said as I grabbed his cell phone from the top of my pink duvet.

"What the hell are you doing? Have you gone crazy!" He yelled as I proceeded to unlock his cell. I knew what I was looking for and so I just ignored him. Just as I had suspected, there was text after text from her!

I miss u bby xx

I love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can't wait to see u l8r xxxx

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to read anymore. I let the phone slip out of my clammy hand and as if my legs had lost all power, I sank to the floor.

"April-," he said in a low tone.

"Get out," I mumbled as I began staring at the floral pattern on my carpet. I hadn't noticed how detailed it was before. Every pattern interlocked with the next to form what looked like one large pattern. It amazed me how much detail there was. As if dragged back to reality, I heard the vibration of his broken voice yet again.

"April I'm so sorry," he said with a sympathetic voice.

"Get out. Get out. Get out! Get out! Get out!" The more I yelled, the more tears that rolled down my hot cheeks. He was gone.