Everyone and everything was silent. Not even the Just Dance music playing. It seemed that everyone has crowded around my door to see what was going on. As they piled into the room, I grabbed one of our blankets and wrapped it around us so we were both covered especially from my little cousin's eyes because they were only between 7 and 12 years old of age. 

"Jerome?" People were calling my name. For once, I felt scared of my family but still stayed strong for Mitch's sake. If he knew that I was scared, he would be even more scared. I felt a hand on my back and turned around to see that it was Rob's who was right behind me. Preston was also right behind Mitch. We were all close together as my family processed what was right in front of them. They all started murmering things to each other and I couldn't take it anymore.

"What do you want?" I shouted and everyone stared at me. "What is it about this that makes it so weird. Most of you adults like my parents, my aunts and uncles all found true love and this is what I found so what is about this that makes it so weird? Yeah it may be with another guy but it's not like we're the only people who are like this. These two people on the either side of us are in love with each other and people at the school couldn't care less but be happy for them. I have realized that these two are two of my best students and that's why they're here today. Beside, in New Jersey I know gay marriage is legalized as well as 34 of the other 49 states avalible and like another handful more are waiting for approval. Besides, it's not like we need to breed anymore. There may be thigns like cancer and ebola and other things that kill people but that doesn't chage the numbers of 7,000,000,000 people in the world so why does it bother you that a few people are taken out of the gene pool just because they love the same sex? This all happened out of true love and I loved Mitch even before the incident with his father. Although I was somewhat my fault who caused it but I was the one to save him in time. If it would've been another few minutes at most 10 and I take off my shirts and wrapped them around each of his wounds, he wouldn't be here right now and I might've not either. We have 3 different funerals to go to in January all because his family, mostly father disagreed with what he was doing. I'm happy with Mitchell and I love him with all my heart. If you can't see that then get out of my house now." I finished. Some people like my aunts, uncles and a couple coudins left right away but it was only half of them.

"J-Jerome. I-I've never heard you speak in that kind of tone before." My mother said.

"Yeah. I'm pretty amazed you finally grew a pair and talked back to us. I'm actually quite pround of you." My dad said coming over to us. "Get up so I can hug my boy."

I felt embarressed since I was only in my boxers but 20 years ago, my dad was the one bathing me so I guess it shouldn't be too bad. My dad brought me in for a hug and I ended up letting a few tears fall onto his shoulder and sniffled a bit. "Are you crying?"

"N-No." I lied and .

"I know you are and it's ok. You and your little, boyfriend have both gotten my approval now. I'm proud of you." My dad said. This time I was for sure crying.

"I've never seen our teacher cry before." I heard Rob say.

"Yeah. It's so weird but I guess that's what happens when you come to his family's Christmas party and things get rough." Preston replied. "Mitch, have you ever seen him cry before?"

"Yeah. Only once though. I would be standing up right now but I think him and his dad need some bondgin to be done." Mitch said. I pulled away from my dad and smiled before turning around and tackling Mitch to the bed. "Jerome." 

"Mitchell, I love you." I said before kissing him. He kissed back softly and passionately as my family actually clapped from behind us. I parted our kiss and just held him close and cried some more on his shoulder and the bed sheets. I heard people leave and a door close behind us.