Court

[Jerome's PoV]

It was Wednesday and the last class of the day. Mitch was doing his usual stuff of drawing or watching videos of mine on the laptop. He looked nice when he was all dressed up in a suit and tie but only because he has to go to court today to determine whether or not his dad is guilty or innocent which is more than likely he's going to be guilty and out of our lifes for a good while. He told me that he got many questions about why he was dressed up an some kids even asked if he was going on a date right after school but he told them that he had an important thing to do but didn't say what because I didn't let him.

He has also been good with keeping our and my secret. Our secret about being together and my secret about me being Hacksource after he found out two days ago. I saw that it was about 5 minutes until the bell was about to ring. 

"Alright everyone. Good work for today. You may start cleaning up your stations and we can all get going as soon as everyone is in their seats." I said. All the kids started putting their stuff away as the clock ticked closer and closer to 3:10. Once everyone was seated, the bell rang. "Have an awesome day I'll see you all tomorrow."

Rob and Preston stayed behind with Mitch and talked for a little bit. Rob had Mitch's things in which I took from him. "I'll handle it from here boys. I'll see you two tomorrow." 

"See ya Mr.Aceti." Preston said, grabbing Rob's hand and guiding him out so they could go to Rob's car.

"You ready?" I asked Mitch.

"Not really but it's now or never and I'd rather see it now." He said. I smiled and carried his bag, putting it in the backseat of the car while he went into the front seat. Since school had just gotten out, so many kids were still around so I couldn't kiss him even though I so badly wanted to. I got into the front driver's seat and drove about halfway there before stopping somewhere for food but also after getting the food to park since we had time so I could finally get my kiss. 

I hungrily kissed him while he kissed back, enjoying every single moment and second of it. After we were done, I took some gum and we chewed the gum together to get rid of the smell of fast food hamburgers. Once we got to the courthouse, I helped Mitch in and we were guided to a room where the trial was going to be taken place. It was about 10 minutes of waiting before it started. Mitch and I were in the front with some people behind us, mainly news reporters. 

It was then that Mitch's dad was brought into the court followed by police officers. As soon as he saw Mitch and I, he gave us a death glare. If looks could kill, they would right now. 

"Order, order in the court." The judge said as everyone quieted down. "We are here today to discuss the case of Raphel Hughes. Will the defendant like to speak first?" 

"Yes please. I will speak for my client and say that he did this whole thing out of love. He did this to make sure his son chose the right path for his future and to hopefully carry on their family name. The only reason why he did end up bringing out a gun to show what he will have to deal with if he kept going down the path he was going to go down. That is all." Mitch's dad lawyer said. 

"Thank you. Now if the one who got assulted may protest." She said.

"Yes thank you." Mitch's lawyer said, standing up. "My defendent was a part of the assult and is only 17 years of age and is still in school, yet he almost got killed by his own father. Maybe, maybe his father did do it out of love but in the end, he ended killing his whole family, leaving him with a scared mind and his teacher who happily and willingly took him in and is keeping him safe to this day. This man has killed 3 people, one of 42 years of age who was his wife, one of 18 almost 19 years of age which was his only daughter and one of 10 years old who was his second son who had a second chance of carrying on the family name and now that he's dead, there's no chance. Now, I know there is a witness of this incident so I would like to bring up Mr.Jerome Aceti to the stand." He said.

"Jerome, may you please come up to the stand." The judge said. I stood up and made my way to the stand, glaring back at Mitch's dad before taking a seat. 

"Now Jerome, first of all, what relations do you have to Mitch and/or Raphel?" The judge asked.

"Well, I am one of Mitch's teachers who was the one to also take him into my own custody." I said.

"Alright. What exactly did you witness during this inncident?" She asked.

"Well, I first took action when I heard a gunshot and ran to Mitch's door, finding it was locked which I assumed that Raphel locked it so I used my shoulder to break it down, hit by hit I heard gunshots and when I finally broke in, he had the gun pointed at me and there were 3 dead bodies plus Mitch's bleeding one. I was able to stall for time to avoid getting shot until the police came where he fired one last shot but missed." I explained.

"See, he even tried to kill the person who was the one who saved this boy's life. If it wasn't for Jerome, this young boy would be dead and he would have no one to carry on the family name." Mitch's lawyer said.

"I see. Well Jerome, thank you and you may go back to your seat." The judge said. I nodded and smiled. Mitch gave me a little smile as I sat behind him. "Now, the jury will go and decide whether the convict is guilty or innocent. 5 minute recess starting now."

The judge said and slammed her gabble and walked off behind the jury. I went up to Mitch anf hugged him. "Jerome, I'm scared." 

"Don't worry. It'll all be over soon. Just remember that what happens, I'll always love you." I said into his ear. He started crying and his lawyer came by. I mouthed the words, 'I got this.' and he moved along to think and sort out paper work. Mitch cried into my shoulder, wetting my suit with his tears but I didn't mind. He was the one I loved and the one I was going to protect even if it could cost me my life.

"Everyone be seated please. 30 seconds left." The judge said. I loosed the hug and wiped his eyes and cheeks, afterwards giving his nose a little kiss before going back to my seat. Some people gave us weird looks but I didn't care. 

"The jury had come to a conclusion. What is that conclusion?" The judge asked. Here we go.

"Your honor, the jury has found the verdict-" At that moment, things seemed to slow down and stop. Everyone was quiet, not a single sound was heared as we were all waiting for an answer. "Guilty of his crimes and request to sentence him to 15 years in prison."

"Done. Case closed, get Mr.Hughes out of here." The judge said. I went over to hug Mitch since I was given permission. He finally cried tears of joy into my shirt.

We kissed but were parted when Mitch's dad shouted towards us, "Curse you Mitchell and Jerome. Trust me, I'll get my revenge on both of you. Just wait. I'll be back." 

"Move it and don't speak." the police officer said. Mitch seemed scared but I calmed him down.

"Mitch, don't worry. He's going away for a long time and you won't have to worry about a thing. I promise. We can live our lifes normally now since he's gone." I said. Mitch seemed to calm down after this and I got his crutches. After this week he shouldn't need them which I feel is good so he'll be able to walk on his own again. We got to my car where we happily and privately shared another kiss that seemed full of passion, worry free, love and sweet flavor of mint flavored gum.

There was a knocking on the window and we parted to see that it was a police officer. I started my car enough so I could roll down teh window. "Yes sir?"

"Uh hi, I just came by to ask if you guys can do that on your own time because it seems to disturb others." He said.

"Oh ok. We're sorry. You can imagine how happy we are now that we know we won't have to deal with him for a long time." I said. He smiled but didn't say anything. I started my car and drove us home. It was quiet but it was a nice kind of quiet. I didn't mind though, as long as I had my Mitch, I was happy.

That's gonna do it for today. I'm at my grandma's house and at least I have Wi-Fi which is good but my computer/laptop is about to die so I'm gonna end it here by saying thank you all for reading, I hope you leave a like/vote to let me know you enjoyed this and I'll see you all later! BYE!! :)