Near x Reader: An Experiment

This is a request from @AliciaTheReaper! Leave your requests below! I do not own Death Note! Also I may start doing Black Butler x readers here if I can change the title but I will also keep doing Death Note. 

Your were the new kid at Wammy's house. It was time to play outside.

"Tag you're it!" Matt yelled, giggling and running away with Mello.

You were about to run after them when you looked in the corner of your eye, you saw a little albino boy playing with a plain white puzzle.

"Who is that?" You asked. You had seen him around. He WAS L's heir but never got to know him.

"Oh...He's Near. He's a weirdo and a freak. You shouldn't hang out with him (Y/n)." Mello said, grabbing your arm to pull you along but you pulled away from him and went to see Near.

You sat in front of the boy, criss cross.

"Have you come to make fun of me?" Near asked, finishing the puzzle that breaking it and restarting which you slightly questioned.

"Why would you think that?" You asked with a confused face.

"I saw you with Matt and Mello." He said, attatching two pieces. You began helping with the puzzle.

"Oh please. I like creating my own opinions." You said with a warm smile. He seemed to smile a little at it.

"I'm Near." He said.

"I'm y/n." You say, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you." He said.

*Time skip brought to you by Near's robot*

It had been a year since you and Near met. You guys were now best friends. 

You two were currently sitting in the library. Doing the same plain white puzzle you always did. You heard Near sigh loudly as you completed the puzzle for the billionth time.

"Anything onyour mind?" You ask as you began the puzzle.

"Y/n?" He asked, putting the puzzle away and pulling out his toy robot.

"Yes?" You asked.

"Why do you think people enjoy kissing? It's gross and unsanitary." Near said, picking up his robot, making it 'fly'.

You were shocked by his sudden question. You two were 12 which you thought was an inappropriate age to start thinking about those things. Then again, half the things Near said to you were weird.

"I-I don't know. Why do you ask?" You asked, standing up to look for a book to read.

"Because...lately all I can do is think about...kissing you." You heard Near say, muttering the last part. Your body stiffened, your face red. You felt his arms wrap around you from behind, hugging you tightly.

You never wanted to admit it, but you did have a small, cute crush on the adorable albino.

"I would like to conduct and experiment." Near said, letting go of you and turning you to face him

"What type of exper-" You began but were cut off by his soft lips. You were taken aback at first but eventually melted into the kiss.

You two broke a part, he was smiling like an idiot while you looked shocked with a deep crimson face.

"I-I think I get it now." He said, holding your hands, kissing your cheek.

"y/n?" He asked, staring into your e/c eyes.

"Yes?" You said, looking down while you blushed.

"I love you." Near said, pushing a strand of your h/c hair behind your ear.

You smiled and kissed his nose.

"I love you to." You said, hugging the cutie.

*EXTENDED ENDING*

Roger had been watching you two from outside the library and chuckled to himself. Though hating kids he found it cute.

"Young love." He sighed.

Sorry it's so short and sorry if you didn't like it. Comment below requests for Death Note x readers and Black Butler ones and I'll try to do them.