Chapter 4

I woke up by a phone ringing. It obviously wasn't mine, so I shook Riker to wake him up. "What?" He said, not being quite awake. "Your phone's ringing" I said, and He got it from the nightstand. I don't know who called him, but I think it Was someone drunk. "It Was Curt. He Was at some party" Riker said, when hanging up. "Oh, ok" I said, and looked back at him. He had fallen asleep again, with his phone laying upon his face. I smiled a little. He Was so cute when He Was sleeping. I took his phone from his face, and put it on the nightstand again.

Riker started to snore lightly, something that made me more awake. I couldn't fall asleep again. I ended up turning every 5 minutes, until I Finally fell asleep.

I woke up again from someone Talking. "Babe, wake up!" Riker said, while shaking me. "Whats up? Why can't I sleep more?" I asked, definately not awake, and not planning to be.

"Because I'm bored! Wanna do something fun?" He asked, and i shook my head. "Oh, come on! It's boring when You're asleep!" He said, and i sighed. "Fine, what is that fun thing you were Talking about?".

"I Was just thinking that we could maybe...." He said, and suddenly started tickling me. He knew I Was really ticklish, so that Was not Nice. "Riker!! Stop!!" I managed to say, in between fits of laughter. He just laughed, and continued.

When He Finally stopped, we were both out of breath. "That Was not fun!" I said, and He laughed a bit more. "What are you Talking about, everything i do is fun!" He said, with a smirk. "Yeah, sure" i said sarcastically.

"I'm very sorry, Melanie, but You're fired". I looked at my boss in disbelief. Why would she do that? "We found someone that's more appropriate for the job, and we can't afford to have both of you. Im sorry" she said, not looking sorry at all. "But you don't understand! I've got bills to pay, I have an apartement to pay, hell, I can barely afford to feed myself!" I said, this Was the only job I Was good at. Believe me, I've tried many jobs! "I'm sorry, maybe you could Ask your parents if they could help you!" She said, and my shoulders dropped. "They're dead"

*"Can't you stay and watch?" A little girl pulled at her mother's sleeve, while begging her not to leave. "Sweety, it's only for an hour! The dance teacher will look after you! She looks really nice!" Her mother said, while stroking her hair. "Are you sure?" The little girl looked at her mom with big, brown eyes, filled with insecurity. "Yes, I'm sure, Melanie. Now go to her, and mommy will get you in an hour. Deal?" She said, and the girl nodded. Then she ran to the dance teacher.*

That Was the first time I came here. It Was at the same place. The dance teacher I had always looked up to, just fired me, and left me on my own. Without any chance to make it.

When I got home, I sat right down on my couch, and started crying. "Babe? Mel?" I heard a voice say, and I looked up. "Whats wrong?" Riker asked, but I said "How did you get in?". "Through the front door" He said, and i sighed. I didn't really want to talk to anyone now. But I couldn't really throw him out of my apartement. "I just got fired" I said. "WHAT?! Why?" He said, and I told him. "I don't know what to do, Riker! I don't fit in any other jobs, and I barely have an education," I said, while placing my face in my hands. "I can help you pay," Riker said, but I shook my head. "No, you can't. It's too much!" I said, really frustrated. "We'll figure it out. We have to find a way," Riker said, and smiled at me. Maybe everything wasn't bad? At least I had Riker.