Chapter 6

"I really have to get a job soon," I said, talking to myself. I did not have a lot of money. I needed to get a job TODAY. I sighed. My fallout with Riker had been yesterday and I hadn't heard from him since. Maybe he had already gone for tour? How could I know? Exactly. I couldn't. He wouldn't tell me anything. "Now you're just selfish, Melanie," I said to myself. I'm sure he had his reasons to not tell me. But what could they really be? What reasons could be goos enough to keep a secret that BIG from his GIRLFRIEND?! "Again, stop you selfish brat!" I mumbled. I'm getting crazy. 

"I'm sorry, we're not looking for any new employees," another store. It seemed like every single store in Los Angeles were not looking for any new employees. I had tried calling that dance school from a phone box, but they said the job was taken by someone else. I didn't really know what to do. But Riker said it would be ok. I should listen to him. No, I should forget him. If he didn't want anything to do with me, I certainly didn't want anything to with him! But how did I know he didn't want me? He hadn't really told me. Well, he didn't tell me anything, so...

"Wow, how ironic," I said to myself, and picked up the magazine that had just fallen to the ground in front of me. That sounds like magic. But it was just thrown out of a car. It was a Tigerbeat magazine, and Riker was on the cover. Well, he and his siblings, and another guy I've never seen. So that's his band. I threw the magazine in the nearest trash can, and walked away as fast as I could. Done with Riker. Done with everything, really.

I walked home. A very long walk. But I probably needed the exercise. I hadn't been really physical in the past days. And I was starving. But I couldn't eat. It had come to that point where I could only eat breakfast, a little lunch, and dinner. I really had to save money, 'cause I don't know when I would get a job. The thought of asking Riker for help had popped into my head multiple times, but then I remembered I was supposed to be mad at him. Then I remembered I didn't know where he was. And I hadn't got a phone. 

I ended up just walking around in a park, with my head down, 'cause it had started raining. Why would I go home? Nothing to do there. Couldn't afford to watch tv anymore. Suddenly I bumped into someone, and I fell on mu butt. "Ouch!" I said, and the person that I had bumped into said "Oh god, I'm so sorry!" and then offered me a hand. "No, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there," I said, and got up. I looked at the guy, and noticed he had brown/green eyes, and brown hair. "It's ok," He said, and smiled. Then his smile turned into a weird kind of smile, and he looked kind of familiar. "Hey, I know you!" We both said at the same time. "You're in the band R5!" "You're Riker's girlfriend!" We said at the same time again. Wait, what?!