A Drop In The Ocean

Song: A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope (This got lots of requests for a part two/continuation!)

A drop in the ocean,

A change in the weather,

I was praying that you and me might end up together.

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,

But I'm holding you closer than most,

'Cause you are my heaven.

"Hey, Brett did that Ryan guy ever call you back after your lunch?"

Brett looked up at Foster and shook her head, "No, I told him that I'm not really looking for someone to go out with right now."

Foster looked over at Brett as she was parking the ambulance in its designated spot, "But you are trying to get back out there, right?"

Brett laughed at her friend's intruding behavior, "Yeah...it just didn't feel right with him you know?"

Foster nodded, "I get it, you were just trying to let him off easy."

"Yeah, he just didn't seem like the one for me. Honestly...I'm not sure who is anymore."

Foster looked over at Casey sitting by Severide at the squad table and whispered, "Oh, I think I know who is."

"What'd you say?" Asked Brett while she hopped into the back of the ambulance to start refilling supplies they had just used on their last call.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just going to get a snack from the kitchen, do you want anything?"

Brett smiled, "No, I'm good, Foster. Thanks for asking though."

I don't wanna waste the weekend,

If you don't love me, pretend

A few more hours, then it's time to go.

And as my train rolls down the East coast,

I wonder how you keep warm.

It's too late to cry, too broken to move on.

Casey looked over at Brett and smiled, 'God, she's so beautiful. Why can't I just gain the courage I need and ask her out?'

Casey was soon interrupted from his daydreaming about a certain blonde paramedic when Severide came over and asked what his plans for the weekend were.

- AMBULANCE SIXTY-ONE - DISTRESSED MALE AT BATTERY PARK - AMBULANCE SIXTY-ONE

Foster and Brett ran from their spots and to the ambulance in record time. Both were very eager to get to Battery Park, as it was a place right on the water where a lot of up to no good teenagers liked to congregate.

Still I can't let you be,

Most nights I hardly sleep.

Don't take what you don't need, from me.

Just a drop in the ocean,

A change in the weather,

I was praying that you and me might end up together.

It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,

But I'm holding you closer than most,