Ander lazily leaned against the lockers with a huff. "He's still not answering my messages."

"I see. Anything I can do?"

"Grow a dick?"

Arlo's mouth dropped as she whacked him. "Hey!"

"I'm joking." Ander laughed. "But don't worry, I have it covered– well hopefully. Anyways, change of subject, you excited about the party?"

"Oh, I'm not going tonight." Arlo informed.

"Why not?" Ander asked.

"I don't want to." Arlo said. "I don't feel like spending time with my parents."

Ander sighed. "What happened?"

"Hey," Guzmán greeted as he came over to the two with Polo next to him. "How are you?"

"Good." Ander smiled.

"Fine." Arlo answered.

"What were you guys talking about?" Polo questioned.

"Arlo's not coming to the party tonight." Ander explained.

Guzmán's smile dropped as he turned to the girl. "Why not?"

"Movie night with Izzy and Diego." Arlo revealed.

"Arlo." Guzmán said, his voice lowering.

Arlo raised her hands. "What? It's true!" Guzmán folded his arms and quirked an eyebrow. She huffed. "I don't really feel like being around my parents."

"What happened?"

"We got into a fight last night at dinner. They couldn't make it Izzy's concert but turns out they didn't even watch the video I sent them and I just blew up."

"I see." Guzmán muttered. "Why don't you just make up with them and we can have a nice night?"

Arlo huffed. "It's a lot easier said than done, Guzmán."

"Arlo, you barely see them. Do you really wanna spend the time that they're here not speaking to them?"

"Of course not, Guzmán. But I'd rather not attend the party and play the act like we're a happy family."

Guzmán took a deep breath. "Lo, I care about you, but avoiding your parents out of spite is crap."

"Guzmán, leave it!" Polo defended. "Parents are a pain in the ass."

"Thank you, Polo." Arlo smiled. "How've you been?"

"I'm good." He grinned.

She turned to Guzmán. "Guzmán, I care about you and I know how much you adore your parents and that is exactly why I'm gonna tell you what I'm about to. But parents aren't always who we think they are– or want them to be."

The bell rang and Ander placed a hand on Arlo's shoulder. "Come on. Let's go to class."

Arlo shot one last glance at Guzmán before she brushed past him and entered the classroom. She sat in her desk, only for Samuel to plop down besides her immediately.

"Hey?" Arlo breathed out, her face scrunching up in confusion. "Why are you sitting with me and not Marina?"

"She just asked me to the party and do you think I should finally tell her I like her there or...?"

Arlo chortled. "If you're ready, yeah."

"You're going, right? I could use someone to talk to."

"Sorry, Samu. I told Marina to tell her parents I can't make it. I can't deal with my parents right now."

Samuel groaned, resting his face in his arms. "Fine. So, you're letting me face the lions alone?"