I

March 5th 1999

Fire blasted from the engine of the rocket my heart felt as it was going to rip out of my chest. I was terrified today was gonna be the last day I saw the grass, plants and animals. I was away to space, my good friend John Patterson sat beside me he was as pale as a ghost, I new this was a bad idea we where both nervous we were about to explore a unpopulated dark place where very few people had been before.

The feeling in my stomach was unbearable I just wanted to rip my stomach out to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling. With all these thoughts going through me head I had not realised the deafening sound blaring from the rocket. I knew this nightmare would last for another day or so.
———————————————————
Even though the was over 2 decades ago and grandfather had past away, I still felt bad for him feeling as if it was my fault even though I was not even born. I started to feeling the same emotion he was feeling.
Who is John Paterson? I silently thought to myself. Should I publish this book in memory of my grandfather till I remember the fact he had it locked in a box under his bed. I was thankful that he had given me the key it makes me feel trusted.
———————————————————
Was I loosing my mind? What is life? Is this all just an illusion? Where the same three questions that kept popping in to my mind. This always happens when I'm nervous. I glared over at John that seemed to of gotten used to the rocket. I stared at peter the other astronaut that had boarded the rocket with us.

Peter looked at me and must of realised how nervous I was and told me to go to bed it would make me feel better.
———————————————————
Hearing the name peter brought a tear to my eye he was my grandfathers greatest friend almost every time I visited grandfather he was their, till he tragically died in a car crash about 5 years ago.
How comes he never took me to meet John they seemed more friendly in this diary. Thoughts raced though my mind with every word I read in this diary.
———————————————————
I don't know how long I slept for but I did feel better. John and Peter came into the room saying that we where about to have low gravity. This thought excited us are smiles nearly touching our ears. I felt my feet lift of the floor the feeling was scary I did not expect it so soon. My heart raced I'd forgotten all are training I been thoughtFor the last decade of my life. After about a minute the feeling of power the feeling of flight over joyed me. Peter, John and I lightened the mood making the room fill off amazement. We soon had gotten rid of the awkward silence with some laughter and some jokes most of which being inside jokes. Soon we started to grab random items and throw them at each other or in the air to see what would happen and just to have a fun experiment.
———————————————————
I could feel tears form in my eyes remembering grandfathers sense of humour.
———————————————————
Peter reminded us of the time when after training we got some food and a kid turned around and ran away like she was afraid of us.all of a sudden we all felt so tired that as soon as we where in are strange beds we fell asleep waiting for the next exciting day to come.