Kinurot ko siya. "You fucking wish."

His face was still pleased with my reaction. "We'll see... It's a long flight, Sob... I assure you at one point, you're going to be horny," confident na sabi niya. Sira ulo talaga 'to!

Sean was being an asshole at ginugulo ako habang naghihintay kami. He said that since Paris is the city of love, we'd have to fuck hard in Paris para naman daw mabigyan namin ng hustisya iyong lugar. Who fucking thinks like that?!

I was fiddling with my phone, answering congratulatory messages from my workmates and schoolmates.

"Shit," I uttered when I received a text from an unknown number.

"What?" Sean asked, his eyes suddenly on me.

"Sean..." I looked at him in utter horror. "It's the HR. From the firm that I really want."

My heart was beating so fast that it felt like it would burst out of my chest. The text mentioned that it was an urgent interview. Gusto kong maka-pasok sa firm na 'yun dahil sikat at mahirap maka-pasok doon. Halos puro by invitation lang iyong mga nakaka-pasok doon dahil puro top-notchers iyong gusto nila... Bihira lang siya tumanggap ng normal na passers kagaya ko.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang biglang tumayo si Sean.

"Let's go," he said, offering his hand to help me stand up.

"Ha?"

"What time is the interview? I'll drive you there."

"But Paris—"

"Paris won't leave, love," he said, picking up his laptop bag.

"Pero 'yung visa... And ticket... Pati hotel..."

"Sob... This is your dream job, right?" he asked and I slowly nodded. First day pa lang ng law school, nang may magsalita sa orientation namin galing sa Gulmatico & Zobel, pinangako ko na sa sarili ko na doon ako magta-trabaho.

"Maybe I can resched..." I said... Sayang kasi talaga iyong ticket... First class pa naman 'yun...

Sean shook his head and cupped my face. "Go to your interview and I'll rebook our ticket, okay?"

I bit my lower lip, but his smile convinced me that it was the right thing to do. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at sabay kaming naglakad palabas sa lounge. Sean was walking quickly while talking to his driver para balikan kami dito sa airport.

"Are you prepared for the interview?" he asked.

"I think so..." sagot ko. I'd been studying that firm for as long as I could remember. I knew that I really wanted to work there and there's no other end game for me. Doon ko lang gustong magtrabaho.

"You just have to answer smartly and be confident," he said.

I looked at him.

I usually doubt myself... but not Sean. He never once doubted me.

"Thank you, Sean..." seryosong sabi ko dahil na-appreciate ko na hindi siya nagdalawang isip na unahin iyong interview ko kahit na sobrang laking effort at hassle na iresched namin iyong bakasyon namin...

He smiled at me and that was enough.

* * *

My knees were shaking when I walked out of the conference room kung saan naganap iyong interview. I wasn't informed na senior partners na pala iyong kakausap sa akin! Mabuti na lang at kabisado ko na iyong sagot ko dahil matagal ko ng pina-practice iyon.

"Hey," Sean said as he saw me approaching. He was leaning against his car before, reading something on his phone. Mabilis niyang itinago iyong cellphone niya nang makita ako. "How was the interview?"

"Okay naman..." sagot ko.

"I'm sure you did well," he assured me.

I looked at him and bit my lower lip. "I was so nervous! I kinda freaked out! Then I stuttered!" sumbong ko sa kanya. Naka-tingin lang siya sa akin habang sinasabi ko lahat. There was no hint of judgment in his eyes—just that he was listening intently to whatever I was saying.

And when I was done, he held my hand.

"I'll cry if they don't call me..."

"Their loss," he said.

"You're just saying that because you love me."

He laughed. "Probably..." he said at hinampas ko siya. "Kidding! It's really their loss, Sob. You're the most hardworking person I know. Their loss if they didn't see that during the interview just because you stuttered."

I was still frowning kaya naman dinala ako ni Sean sa paborito kong resto. Then, we went to the mall and watched a movie. Naglakad-lakad lang kami hanggang sa napagod kami at dumiretso na kami sa condo.

"Where's my towel?" he asked.

"I think it's in the laundry," I replied. "Just get whatever's there."

Habang nasa CR si Sean, kinuha ko iyong pants niya na hinubad niya bago pumunta sa CR. Kumunot ang noo ko nang may makita akong maliit na box roon. Instinctively, I picked it up and opened it...

"I can't find any towel—"

He stopped midway when he saw me holding the fucking ring.

Naka-tingin kami sa isa't-isa.

Ilang segundo ang lumipas, walang nagsasalita.

"Sean..." I began. "What's this?"

His lips were parted. He brushed his hair using his fingers. "Can I wear my pants first, please?" tanong niya dahil naka-boxers lang siya ngayon. Tipid akong tumango. Sean wore his pants, and then looked at me.

Nilahad niya ang palad niya. Inabot ko sa kanya niya.

Fuck.

What the fuck was happening?

"This was supposed to be for Paris," he said, opening the box and looking at the ring inside it. Ni hindi ko pa natitigan iyon nang mabuti dahil nagulat ako nang makita kong singsing iyon...

He looked at me and had that lopsided grin of his.

"We were supposed to be in Paris, strolling at night, and then when we're in front of the Eiffel Tower, I'd get on my knee and ask you to be my wife," sabi niya habang naka-tingin sa mga mata ko. I couldn't find any doubt in his eyes... na para bang siguradong-sigurado siya na ako na iyong gusto niyang pakasalan.

"Well, we're not in Paris, but at least it's still night... and I still want to get on my knee and ask you to be my wife," he asked as he was slowly getting down on his knee, opening the box, and showing me the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen in my fucking life.

"Lyana Isobel Laurel," he began. "I know we've been dating for just over a year... But when you know, you know—"

"Are you sure?" I asked, cutting him off.

We're still young... Never kong naisip na magpapa-kasal ako sa ganitong edad... Wala 'to sa life plan ko.

"Of course," he confidently said. "I love you so much, Isobel. I wanna wake up every day and see you first thing in the morning. I wanna come home to you every night. I wanna call you my wife."

I felt like my heart melted at his words.

God, Sean Denver Cuesta!

"Have you asked my Dad?" I asked him.

He grinned. "I asked him when I went to Vizcaya for the med mission," he said. My lips parted. That was months ago! Matagal niya na pala 'tong plano! "Be my wife? Please?"

I tilted my head back and laughed and cried.

"Yes!" I shouted, and then Sean slid the ring on my finger and then we kissed and cried and thank God we found each other.