My face was still a big mask of confusion. I just fucking passed the BAR. I was officially a lawyer—well, after signing the roll... Tapos ngayon pupunta na rin akong Paris?

"Sob, do you hear me?" he asked when seconds passed and I was still just looking at him. "I was asking about your passport."

I bit my lower lip and quickly snaked my arms around his neck. I looked at him, my eyes covered with tears.

"I love you, Sean Denver Cuesta," I whispered, meaning it with every fiber of my being. I love him... I just love him so much... I love everything about him. I love that he didn't give up on me kahit na ilang beses akong nakipagbreak sa kanya habang nagrereview ako dahil sa sobrang stress—pero never siyang pumayag at lagi niyang sinasabi sa akin na nababaliw lang daw ako. I love how he always told me that I was gonna pass and I just needed to do the work.

I love that he loves me.

"I love you, Atty. Laurel," he replied with that gentle smile on his face.

I reached for his face and kissed him. He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I felt like I was drowning with the way he was claiming my lips.

"I love you," I repeated. "I love you so much."

Naramdaman ko iyong pagngiti niya. He planted a quick kiss on my lips. "I love you, too, Atty. Laurel."

And then he was kissing me again and I didn't want to stop.

* * *

I'd always known from the get go that Sean was from a rich family. It was one of the things that I had to consider before I went out with him. He's just... too rich. It sounded so complicated. Nang ma-meet ko ang pamilya niya, I promised myself that I'd work hard.

That I'd be something.

I needed to feel good about myself so that I wouldn't feel that Sean's too good for me. He's so good to me... pati pamilya niya ay sobrang bait sa akin... I felt like I needed to be something else...

"Babayaran ko 'yung ginastos mo sa visa ko," I told Sean as we were waiting on the lounge. I was still so shocked when I realized that Sean was paying a lot of money para lang mapa-bilis ang processing ng visa ko. And he paid it without blinking! Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin ako sanay sa kung gaano siya kayaman.

"I told you, this is my gift."

"Basta."

"Fine," he said, rolling his eyes. He really hated it whenever I'd protest about him spending his money on me. I mean, alam ko naman na mayaman siya... I just hated it whenever I'd hear kung paano 'jackpot' ako dahil boyfriend ko siya. It's not as if si Sean ang nagbabayad ng tuition or rent ko sa condo. Baka tagain sila ni Papa kapag narinig nila 'yon.

"Galit ka?" tanong ko habang naka-yakap sa braso niya.

"No," he replied, almost scoffing, kaya natawa ako.

"Compromise... I won't protest kapag ikaw ang nagbayad ng dinner natin, okay?" I asked.

"Lunch and dinner," he bargained. "Or you know what... You can pay me in blowjobs," mahinang sabi niya sa akin dahil may mga tao sa paligid namin.

Agad na nanlaki ang mga mata ko.

"I won't be a member of the mile high club!" I told him with my eyes wide.

He laughed. "Why not?"

"Sean!"

He laughed still. "I think it's gonna be exciting," he whispered in my eyes. "Imagine us fucking in the CR... with the fear of being caught by the other passengers..."