3. Feist Tonight, Fate Tommorow

Dear Journal,
           There is a burning desire in me for blood and I'm afraid that tonight, on the first night of the rest of my life, I am unable to contain it. I am hungry, I am angry and I am undead. I can feel the chaos within me stirring.

               - 𝓔. 𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓮
                  (1605)

Seven years.

Elias had been dead for seven years according to the witch who had introduced herself as Odelina. She had counted the days from his burial to tonight's awakening and it took her 2055 days for her to 'get through to him'.

"I have questions," Elias stated. "Why were you buried?"

"Now is not the time for questions such as that, Young Spirit," she continued to dance around him.

"How are you alive?" He asked another.

"Magic!"

"I'm having a monstrous craving for blood," Elias stated as he placed a hand to his temple, his head throbbing with pain. "This was a mistake."

"The only mistake that was made here, Young Spirit," she stopped to face him, "was burying you on top of me, and that was made by the humans." She smiled evilly, her teeth black with decay.

Her face looked gaunt and deathly pale in the moonlight. Had she not touched him before, he would have thought that she was actually the spirit.

"You must go!" She urged him. "Go feast tonight! And know that by morning, you shall meet your destiny."

"What do you mean?" Elias was confused by her riddles.

She smiled at him once more before skipping off into the forest, cackling loudly. He watched as she disappeared, her entire body becoming a light mist that dispersed into the air.

Elias was now alone in the cemetery. He looked among the graves as he searched hopelessly for Genevieve. It had been seven years since their deaths so there was no doubt in his mind that the spot she had been buried was now overrun with grass and weeds.

He fell to the ground on his knees, his hunger for blood and revenge becoming unbearable. He was having a mental war with himself as he could feel his mind splitting. It was almost as if he was developing a new subconscious. The feeling was indescribable, like the old Elias was forcefully being overthrown from his own mind by a more corrupt version of him.

The sound of music and the smell of life brought him to his feet. It was coming from the direction of the Marewood square. He followed the sound eagerly as he sped through the forest. He also made a mental note to tear apart that cemetery in order to find Genevieve. Part of his anger was dedicated to himself as he strongly believed that he had failed her.

Elias's new body was the embodiment of sublimity. His senses were greatly enhanced as his vision, sense of smell, touch and hearing were incomparable. The darkness of the night was no match for his eyesight as he moved through the forest unhindered. He couldn't wait to see what the world was like in the daylight.

He broke through the edge of the trees and walked along the path to Marewood, the music becoming louder and the smell becoming stronger. As he walked into the town, he noticed a flurry of people dancing and laughing under torch light.

A few people played sweet tunes on their fiddles and flutes while the others danced joyously with their partners. Elias watched as the children ran through the crowds, playing with each other and their hounds.

Pulses were beating rapidly, necks were exposed, blood was pumping through veins and people were alive and well. The night was full of life.