Merman [CL]

Pairing : Chenle x Reader
Genre : Fluff

Requested by pingu_lingo 💛

I just had to okay- (๑♡∀♡๑)

I just had to okay-
(๑♡∀♡๑)

"There are lots of fish in the sea,
but not one like me."

☆☆☆

I was currently in our work cruise boat running around with a clipboard and a pen, going about asking the workers how much progress they made surveying about the octopus and squids we captured recently. We'd leave them as soon as our survey was done. "Sihyeon how far is the progress?" I asked ignoring the cool wind brushing past me.

"Y/N yes that's done but shouldn't we focus on the weather now...?" she said eyeing up at the sky and I cock my head to notice the grey and black clouds. "Shoot..." I muttered.

"Yeah... We should get back to the coast." Sihyeon suggested and I nodded as we went to instruct the others to go back to the coast. I was a marine biologist working with my team on the projects of sea creatures.

As our boat was turning, a strong bolt of thunder stuck, and I almost yelped and got a heart attack. The smell of salt lingered in the air more than it should and it was a bad sign. I speed walked towards the railing to see the waves rising. "Turn fast-" I stopped midway to hear a squeaky noise, and looked down to see a dolphin struggling to keep up with us.

"Oh no..." I muttered crouching down to get a better view. The creature had sad and pleading eyes and it almost seemed like he was having problems swimming. And then I noticed it. He was leaving a trail of blood in the ocean behind him. One of his fins was injured, and I couldn't help but feel pity on the poor thing.

"Hey stop the boat!" I commanded in one go. "Why!?" one of the men commented. "There's an injured dolphin! We need to save him!" I exclaimed hurriedly, not removing my eyes from the dolphin. It had started pouring by now followed by another jolt of thunder. "Quick!" I ordered again.

As soon as the boat slowed down, I threw over a rope in the sea as the dolphin took it weakly by its mouth and held on to it as I pulled it towards our boat. When the dolphin was brought up, I carefully carried the vain creature in my arms and rushed to the mini aquarium moving the fish out there to another common aquarium.

"It's injured. We gotta cure this poor thing." I said with pity on my eyes, and that is how it all started. That is how I met Chenle.

"Y/N you paying attention to what I'm saying??" Chenle clicked his fingers in front of me and I was shaken out of my thoughts. "Oh yeah?"

"What were you thinking?" he said as he chuckled and beat his orange tail in the water.