Ray of Light Pt. 2 [RJ]

Pairing : Renjun x Reader
Genre : Angst/Fluff

Requested by Optimistic_IJ 💕💕

♡(∩o∩)♡

“You only need one ray of light to chase all the shadows away.”

☆☆☆

It had been almost six months since that day. I tried to meet Renjun even after that but I failed all the time. I felt like I needed him but he totally blocked me away. Did he hate me that much?

He was the only one who changed my life and made me feel important. Made me feel special. Made me feel loved. And now, he was gone... For real... I still couldn't believe.

I started crying to sleep. I felt pathetic. I didn't know I needed him so much in my life before this. Everyday, with every breath I took, I only wished for him to come back.

He was the only reason I smiled.

My thoughts were interrupted by the loud ringtone is my phone, which I might have noticed if, one, it would have been in silent mode like all other times or two, it had been someone else, but what caught my eye was it was Renjun's number.

I hurriedly scramble around and get the phone in my shaking hands and before I know, I pressed the green button and pressed the phone against my ear. "H-Hello? R-Renjun!?"

I could feel my eyes sting and my heart just begging and besting so fast yearning and craving to just hear his voice.

"Y/N?" But that voice wasn't Renjun's... It belonged to a lady. Her voice quivered a bit reflecting a sense of maturity. She was an older woman.

"I am Renjun's mother." the woman spoke.

"Oh..." was all that came out of my mouth.

"How have you been Y/N?" she asked through the phone. Her voice was indescribable.

"I... I miss Renjun." I blurted out. It was the truth. I missed him a lot. I had been terrible without him.

"Y/N tomorrow is Christmas, will you please come over to our house and join the celebration?" she asked in a doubtful tone.

Why is she inviting me? I don't understand...

"What?" I asked totally confused.

"I want to invite you for dinner." she said through the phone.

"Will Renjun be there??" I asked speedily, my heart swelling in hope.

There was a moment of silence before she spoke. "You will see for yourself Y/N..."

And with that, she hung up.

It was 7 by the time I reached Renjun's home. I sighed as a cloud of fog came out of my mouth due to the cold. I rubbed my hands together in order to warm them. I looked down at my red dress and smoother the fabric before pressing on the bell with a nervous gulp.

His mother swung open the door and she looked really beautiful

His mother swung open the door and she looked really beautiful. Her long black hair was pulled up into a tight bun and she wore a beautiful maroon gown with a red lipstick. "Welcome dear." she said and greeted me in. "How have you been?" she asked giving me a kind smile.

I shrugged. "Honestly... Reckless... I miss Renjun... I am so confused, why, what and how everything happened that day. It was so haphazard." I said as if I was ranting at her but she did not seem amused at all. She just nodded once and got me to sit on their huge black couch and told me to make myself comfortable. "Sit down dear, I'll get you some cookies." she said as she scurried off to the kitchen.

I looked around their house. It was big and beautiful. It wasn't much decorated but it looked decent. The faint smell of delicious roasted turkey with apples and prunes tingled into my nose as I inhaled its mouth watering smell. Yet, my eyes only searched for that one particular person. Renjun.

Suddenly I feel a pair of hands over my eyes as darkness engulfs me and I gasp. Instinctively, I reach up my own hands and run along their fingers as a light blush made its way to my cheeks. Those sleek, long fingers and warm and smooth touch, I had no doubt it belonged to Renjun.

"Renjun?" I mutter softly.

Slowly those hands remove itself from my eyes as I gained back my vision and looked around to see him. My Renjun.
He wore a gentle smile on his face as he walked around at sat beside me, clasping my hands in his own. "I missed you Y/N." he breathes out and tucks a strand of my stray hair behind my ear.

"I missed you too..." Tears welled up in my eyes at his sight and I almost choked on my tears. I looked at him as if was so precious a prize. He was precious to me.

He smiled and pulled me into a one armed hug but I wrap my arms around his neck tightly and bury my head in the crook of his neck as my tears finally made its way down my cheeks. I was crying. I was feeling so overwhelmed.
He soothingly stroked my back and kissed my side to calm me down. "I own you one hell of an explanation, don't I?" he whispered softly into my ears.

I hit his chest lightly and cried. "Why!?" I demanded as he hummed.

"Actually... I had brain tumour... When I found out, the doctors told me I had to go for operation or else I might die. Even the operation was a 50-50 chance. And I didn't want to disappoint you or make you unhappy... So I thought of breaking up with you." he explained everything as he cradled me in his arms.

I cried and hit him again while hearing his story. "You idiot I would always love you and support you!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled and pulled away wiping away my tears. "Yeah, I guess it was for your faith in me that I am fully cured now and back again. And just yours." he said and caressed my cheeks.

I sniffle and look at him directly into his beautiful eyes. "No matter what the problem might be, we're in this together, okay?" I spoke to him softly and gingerly.

"Okay." he whispered and smiled before pressing his lips on mine. A kiss I had been waiting for so long. It was soft, warm, full of passion and love and something both us had been craving for so long. When we pulled away, we were gasping for breath. We both smiled sheepishly at each other before we heard someone clear their throats.

We looked up to see Renjun's mother with a plate full of freshly baked cookies. "You both can have your moment later. Sorry to interrupt." she said with a mischievous and knowing smile making both of us blush bright red and nod in agreement.

Thank you Santa for the best Christmas present ever. Thank you for returning the love of my life, My Valentine, My Renjun to me.

A/N : So here is the second part and hopefully y'all liked it! Also! A very happy New Year guys!! ^^