Chap 8 "A Win"

Mitchi's POV

Evening hit and Dad had the car loaded up with mine and Kala's suitcases. I was waiting in the living room for Kala to come home. "I'm going to miss it here," I stated.

"You don't have to leave just because it didn't work out with you and Street," Dad replied. "You and Kala are more than welcome to stay here with us."

"As much as I want to, I have to do this," I stated. "I won't know until I go to Hawaii and fix things there. I miss my family in Hawaii and I have to make things right with Steve. I kinda left things rocky a year ago." There was a knock on the door and I opened it. "Hey." I picked up Kala and Street walked in. I closed the door. "Did you two have fun?"

"Uncle Hondo bought us food," Kala replied.

"Oh, Hondo was with you guys?" I asked.

"Just for lunch," Street smiled. "Uhm, thank you, for letting me spend the full day with Kala today."

"It's the least I could do after keeping her from you for a few years," I replied. "Well, Kala. Let's get some sleep. We have a three hour flight ahead of us tomorrow."

"If you don't mind, I'd like to drive you guys to the airport tomorrow," Street looked at us. "If that's okay with you, Deacon."

"Mitchi?" Dad asked as he looked at me. "What do you think?"

"Don't ask me, it's your car," I shrugged.

"Be here tomorrow at six," Dad replied. "Their flight leaves at eight, they have to be boarded by seven thirty."

"Yes, sir," Street nodded.

"I'll see you in the morning," I stated as I put Kala down. "Go upstairs, and change into your jammies. Mommy will be up in a second." Kala ran upstairs. I walked Street to the door. "Be on time, please."

"I promise," Street replied.

"Have a goodnight," I nodded. He walked out the door. "Alright, goodnight, Dad." I went upstairs and Kala was in bed. I sat at her bedside and tucked her in. "Let's say our bedtime prayers, Kala." Kala sat up. "You ready?" She nodded. "Okay."

"Now I lay me down to sleep; I pray the Lord my soul to keep," Kala and I stated together. "May God guard me through the night, and wake me with the morning light."

"Alright," I smiled. She laid back down and I tucked her back in. "Goodnight, sweetie."

"Goodnight, Mommy," Kala stated. "I love you."

"I love you too," I stated. I turned off her lamp and switched on the night light. I left her room and closed the door behind me. I went to my room and left the door opened. I got into bed and sat there scrolling through my phone. There was a knock at my door and I looked up. "Hey, Dad."

"So, we're really saying goodbye again," Dad sighed.

"And Kala is saying goodbye to LA," I nodded. "After two school years here, she's going to say goodbye to LA and go back to school in Hawaii." I looked at Dad. "I promise, we'll come and visit during holidays and breaks."

"I know you will," Dad replied. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "I love you Mitchi, never forget that."

"I won't, Dad," I smiled, "because I love you too." Dad left the room and closed the door for me. I closed my eyes to go to sleep. I felt like I haven't slept when I started hearing my alarm ringing. I grabbed my phone and turned it off. I took a shower and got dressed. I let Kala sleep. I walked downstairs as there was a knock on the door. I opened it. "Good morning, Street."