Chap 3 "Birthday Surprise"

Steve's POV

I saw Mitchi join the party as I was talking to Hondo. "Uhm, so, hows she doing with the team?" I asked.

"She's doing good," Hondo nodded. "You trained her well."

"She just passed the Academy and I hired her into Five-O," I replied. "Everything else, she learned on her own."

"Does that also mean putting herself in danger, no matter what the cost?" Hondo asked.

"The safety of the civilians over our own," I nodded. "I know I say that since her and I are on the same force together, but I make sure she's okay before I get out alive."

"She can take care of herself," Hondo replied as he crossed his arms. "If you ever plan on getting rid of her, send her our away. We'll take her."

"Well, I know a lot more of her secrets than you do," I replied. "I don't ever plan to let her go that easily."

"What do you mean?" Hondo asked.

"Oh, you'll see," I smiled. I walked over to Mitchi. "Hey."

"Hey," Mitchi smiled. "When is Danny going to be here with Kala?"

"Soon," I nodded.

"Okay," Mitchi stated. "Dad really loves Kala, you know that?"

"Does he know who the father of your child is?" I asked.

"No, but Dad did say I have to tell the father some time soon," Mitchi replied. "I just don't want things to blow up in my face."

"Kala's five. She'll be six in about four months," I looked at her. "They're going to ask why you waited six years to tell."

"Steve, you don't even know the father of my child either," Michi stated. "So, I don't know why you're complaining."

"Maybe because I did help raise that little girl with you," I replied. She looked around. "Hey, let's forget this fight ever happened, okay? You know I'm here with you."

"Yeah, I know," Mitchi sighed. I saw Danny walk in with Grace and Kala. Deacon picked up Kala. I walked up to them with Mitchi. "There's my little girl."

"How's my favorite granddaughter?" Deacon asked.

"I'm good, Grandpa," Kala smiled.

"I hope you don't have anymore kids till you're married, Mitchi," Deacon smiled.

"Well, that's a promise," Mitchi nodded. "I had Rachel watch Kala sometimes with Grace." She hugged Grace and then Danny. "How was the flight?"

"I had to drag Dad out of the house," Grace smiled. "But we're here."

"And I'm glad you guys are here," I replied. "Mitchi wanted you guys here."

"I want a lot of people here but my SWAT family, my actual family, and parts of Five-O is enough," Mitchi nodded.

"Mitchi!" Luca walked up to me holding a wrapped box. "I got this for you."

"Aww, Luca," Mitchi gave him a hug. "You didn't have to."

"It's okay," Luca nodded. "I didn't have kids of my own and Deac was nice enough to make me your godfather." Mitchi smiled and opened the gift. She got out a car key and a house key. "I have a car for you at my place that I bought. Brand new, just for you if you ever need a car here in LA. I know it's expensive to rent one." She smiled. "And I got you a key to my house because you're always coming over sometimes to just hang out with me."