The "bad"

Bakugou shrugged on his coat, it would probably be freezing on top of the mountain. It was almost winter. The sun was setting earlier and earlier everyday, and Bakugou could honestly say winter was the worse season of the bunch. As Bakugou yanked on his hiking boots he thought about what he was about to do. He'd been planning it all week, since right after he'd meant Kirishimas aunt.

Bakugou hadn't been sure he was going to go through with it until last night when he was laying alone in the dark. He'd been forced to admit to himself, that he didnt want to forget. He hated the mere thought of forgetting. He didn't even know what he'd forget, the doctors couldn't or wouldn't tell his shit about it. Would he forget all the memories of him? Every memory, Even the ones with other people? Would he only forget his feelings? Would he even be able to love again? It wasn't a risk he was willing to take, to forget everything, to forget how to love and be loved. Granted he was shit at that anyway but that surgery would rip from him something more important. It could mean, forgetting Kirishima.

Bakugou grabbed the gray backpack off his desk, as usual his mother had been right, Not that he'd ever admit it. The backpack was at the very back of his closet, near his own set of cornea burning orange crocs Kirishima had given him and a bin full of various skin tone markers.

The bag already had a med kit, some emergency rations, and the shirt Bakugou had been look for fucking ever. Bakugou shoved some extra gloves and a camera, even some of the dry as fuck energy bars he had left over. As Bakugou slipped the bag over his shoulder and looked around. checking the mental list he had made in his head. He grabbed the stack of letters off his table, flicking through to find the ones he needed. He left three of the cream envelopes on his desk. And took the other nineteen envelopes with him as he locked his door.

Bakugou stalked down the dimly lit hall. It was barely four in the morning so he wasn't concerned with anyone catching him as he balanced the single red envelope on the door knob. This one was the most important he thought as he made sure it wouldn't fall off by someone walking by. He stood up straight staring at it daring it to move from its perch. When he was sure the letter wouldn't move before Kirishima opened the door he continued his trek. The most important letter delivered, he left the others in his class mates respective " seats" scattered around the common room. Filling up his water battle Bakugou made sure he had his train ticket and closed the common rooms door quietly behind him.

*~*

Bakugou got to the preserve at about 5 he figured Kirishima and the rest of his class would be getting up in about an hour , a few might even have even read The notes already. The visitor center wasn't even open yet as Bakugou walked around the gate dropping some money into the donation box on his way by. His phone was turned off, and he had forgotten his ear buds at home so he walked the trail in silence, with only the quite chirping of the few birds left that late in the year. The chill made the tips of his fingers cold.

Bakugou pulled on the gloves he had packed, as he made his way up the mountain, pure unbridled determination and border line rage fueled his hike, he was determined to get to the top of the mountain. He wanted to get to the top. No. He NEEDED to get to the top, for himself for- Bakugou gritted his teeth against the tightness in his chest. He didn't have time for this shit.

*~*

* POV Kirishima*

Kirishima Woke up early, He Knew Bakugou always woke up early, and he wanted to be sure he got to say goodbye to him before the surgery. He knew Bakugou didn't want to get it, but from the sounds of it He wasn't being given much choice in the matter. So, Kirishima threw on a sweat shirt and grabbed a pair of black crocs. He knew Bakugou wouldn't even let him in his room if he wasn't wearing a shirt, Something about catching a cold or whatever. Not like Bakugous room wasn't almost uncomfortably warm most of the time.