It's Unfixable

Lia walks through the dark streets of the town, feeling as the wind blows through her locks of fire

Lia walks through the dark streets of the town, feeling as the wind blows through her locks of fire. She's not even so sure where she's headed, she just knows she needs a break from her mother.

Just before she left, Sydney was already gone, and her mother decided to get angry at her instead.

"You never do anything for me!" Maggie shouts. "Excuse me? I look after Liam! Heck, I even offered for me to get a job. Might I remind you that you were the one who told me not to because of my failing grades! Ever wonder why I'm failing? It's because you don't bother helping!" Lia shouts back.

"Do not use that tone with me, Lia. I swear to god!"

Lia glances behind her mother, finding a disappointed Liam carefully watching. "I'm going out." She states, getting up from the couch and immediately running out.

"Lia! Get back here!"

And there she was, anger boiled up inside of her. She swears she could blow up the entire city. Even as she kept passing the dimly lit streetlights, every few of them would randomly shatter over her.

"Happy thoughts, Lee. Happy thoughts." She whispers to herself. Just as she passed by the bowling alley that Stanley works at, She notices Sydney barging out.

"Syd?" She asks, running over to her. "Leave me alone, Lia." She shakes her head. "Mom's in a bad mood if you're going home." Lia calls, warning the girl, not wanting to question her too much.

"She's always in a bad mood!" Sydney retuned, before walking off. Lia shrugs, then enters the bowling alley.

Once she makes it inside, she hears the clattering of cans falling to the ground. "Oh. Now I gotta clean this up." Stanley says in disappointment.

"You need help with that?" Lia asks, coming into view. "Lee, oh my god. I am so glad to see you." He runs to her, tackling the red head in a hug.

"I messed everything up again. Just when I thought I fixed it." He sighs. "Yeah, I figured." Lia nods, picking up a can and placing it in the garbage can. Stanley simply watches her in some sort of transe.

"Are you gonna help me or..." She trails off. Stanley jumps out of his transe, nodding. "Yeah. Of course." He nods, bending down to pick up some cans.

"Thanks, Lee. I don't know what I'd do without you." He chuckles. "Like I said, listen to Bloodwitch alone." She responds, ruffling his curls as she places the last can into the trash.

"I would say let's test your powers, but that's what messed up me and Syd's relationship and I don't wanna fuck up anything with you." He sighs, taking a seat against the bowling ball rack.

Lia chuckles, taking a seat beside him. "What could you have said to make her storm out like that?" She asks in disbelief. "I may have mentioned your dad.." He admits.

"Oh, yeah. That's probably what drove her out." She nods, sighing. "Asshole." She teases, nudging him lightly. "Hey, not you too." He nudges her back, a little bit harder.

"Ow! You're gonna get it now, Barber." She laughs, completely tackling him down, so she's over him. Her hair dangles down, hovering just above his face. "So? How do your powers work anyways?" Stanley asks from under the girl, not bothering to move.

"Just, like, when I'm angry or scared. They just— happen." She responds. "So, if.." he smirks, flipping her over so he's on top.

"You gonna make me fly across the room now?" He asks with a chuckle. "Psh.. like I'd be afraid of the Stanley Barber!" She playfully rolls her eyes.

"There's a lot to fear, Novak."

"Yeah, I'm sure." She laughs.

Just then, it's like the world stopped when she finally took a moment to look into his eyes. His hazel eyes that sparkled like the sun. His hair lightly fell over his face, making him all the more attractive.

Never in the world would she have ever thought that Stanley Barber would actually be on top of her. But she knew that Stanley likes Sydney and they're just friends.

As for Stanley, he found himself lost as well in her ocean eyes. Although, he felt conflicted. He never noticed how kind and beautiful Lia was until he actually took a moment to notice it.

"Are you gonna get off of me or—" She chuckles nervously, before being cut off by Stanley's lips crashing into hers.

She's wanted this for so long, but it doesn't feel right. Not one bit.

She is quick to push him off of her, immediately standing up from the floor. "Stan." She says in shock.

"No." She shakes her head, her heart rate increasing. "What? Did I— did I do something wrong?" He asks worriedly. "No. Nothing." She shakes her head, earning a confused expression. "I mean— yes. Everything." She breathes out.

"What?" Stanley inquires, furrowing his eyebrows. "Stanley, all my life I've come second to Sydney. I'm not gonna let it happen again." She explains. "But, you're not second. I—"

"Stanley, you've broken my heart one too many times." She cuts him off. "Then let me fix it." He sighs.

Lia slowly backs away towards the front door, shaking her head.

"It's unfixable."

As she pushes the door open, she accidentally causes the entire glass on the door to shatter. Those damn powers.

"Damnit." Stanley mutters, carefully exiting through the shattered door, watching the red head run off.