Superpowers and Heartbreak

✰✰✰ AUTHORS NOTE ✰✰✰

There was an authors note at the end of chapter six that I deleted due to it not making much sense. Ignore that if you read it, and if you haven't, then just pretend this message doesn't exist

Lia quietly enters the house at around 12 in the morning, just about the same time that Sydney arrives

Lia quietly enters the house at around 12 in the morning, just about the same time that Sydney arrives. "Why were you out so late?" Sydney asks as Lia pours herself a glass of water.

"I could say the same to you." Lia responds. "Well.. I kinda.. sorta.. slept with Stanley..." She trails off.

Lia practically spits her water, causing Sydney to back away in disgust. "You What?" She asks again.

"You heard me. Okay, your turn." Sydney nudges her sister's shoulder. "I- uh. Went on a date with Caleb Stewart." She says silently.

"And you came back at 12 o clock?" Sydney inquires, crossing her arms. "Yeah. Nothing happened, I swear. It's just— it didn't feel right." Lia sighs.

"Oh. Well, if it makes you feel better, being with Stan didn't feel right either." Sydney responds, wrapping an arm around her sister's shoulder.

"I could tell he wanted to do it, but I pulled away. He was a little upset, but he let me go..." Lia pauses, feeling stress overcome her. Was this all a huge mistake? Will Caleb get the wrong idea now?

Suddenly, her glass shatters in her hand, causing her to jump from fright. "What just- What just happened?" She asks in confusion.

Sydney, wise eyes, looks off to the side nervously. "That wasn't me." She mutters. "Yeah, I know it wasn't you, Syd. I think I did that." Lia replies. "Look, this might sound completely crazy, but I'm pretty sure I did that with my mind." Lia shivers at the thought.

"This is so crazy.." Sydney runs her hand through her hair, stress evident on her features. "I know, it's crazy. I'm probably just tired. I'll clean this up." Lia turns around, only to have her wrist grabbed by her sister.

"I don't think you're crazy. I think we're experiencing the same thing." She states. "Yesterday, I made Bradley Lewis' nose bleed." The eldest Novak adds.

"Fucking asshole deserved it. He bullied me for my freckles in like— grade 5." Lia grins. "Also yesterday, my wall, that was my mind." Sydney pauses, looking down at her leg.

"Hey, do you have any odd zits anywhere?"

"What? Gross! No!" Lia scrunches up her face in disgust. Sydney crosses her arms, raising her eyebrows. She could tell when her sister is lying.

Lia catches on to her sisters' glare, sighing deeply. "Fine." She rolls her eyes, pulling up her shirt and lifting her arms, revealing a few red spots underneath her armpit.

"God. That's nasty. You would have so won the competition." Sydney laughs. "What competition?" Lia inquires. "Never mind. Anyways, I have some on my thighs." Sydney states.

"Yeah, I know, I always see you trying to pop them. It's disgusting." Lia gags. "Shut up." She rolls her eyes.

"Well, we've both got mind powers. Now, what?" Lia speaks up. "You can't tell anyone, alright? Not even Mom or Liam. And especially not Stanley." Sydney says sternly.

"Not Liam, not mom, not Stan. Got it." She nods. "Okay.." Sydney mutters. "Okay..." Lia responds, leaving them in an awkward silence.

"So... I know you said it didn't feel right.. but did it feel good?" Lia asks. "Yeah, I guess. What about you?" Sydney inquires. "Same." The 16 year old clears her throat.

In truth, she's a little hurt that Sydney and Stanley barely speak. Not as much as her and Stanley do. Why did Stanley pick Sydney over her?

"Well, I think I better get some sleep"

"Yeah, me too."